New Owners of WRX's and STi's, Please Read This Before You Harm Your Car!

35r

Im not trying to come off like a jerk, its just difficult sometimes because there are some people that ask for serious help, and when we tell them how to fix the issue or what may be wrong, they do the exact opposite and when they blow up they come back crying about what happened and they don't know what they dod wrong. It makes me lose motivation to help. Thats all i meant.

Ravel36

yea no worries. I get it, some people dont care about their cars like others. I know I am hypersensitive to my car, (tuners have told me that) but others arent that way, but you know what at least they provide horror stories for the new folks and people who take a while to mod.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I guess we can add another point... Cant add it right now on tapatalk. The post is too long and glitches on my phone so i will add it when i get home.

12) dont let anyone drive your car unless they have cash in hand in case they break/crash it or is someone you trust dearly.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Anything else that should be noted?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Updated the first post. :ty:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Newbies should watch this! Also a good reminder for everyone, regardless of experience.

https://youtu.be/dyEYaN6Y_FM

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I like [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] 's suggestion more regarding operating temperature. However long it takes for the coolant temperature to get to operating temperature, you should allow twice as long for the oil to come up to operating temperature before you start driving harder. So, if it takes 15 minutes for the coolant to get to OT, allow 30 minutes for the oil to come to OT. :tup:

(Actually, I think I'm the only person who excessively allows their car to warm up fully before even driving. :rofl: )

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
13), 16): Hi Alin, thanks for the information. One thing: it says "detrimental" in bullet points 13) & 16); do you mean "important"?

Cheers,
Andy
cyclefiend1123
Yes, detrimental/important/crucial.

Lately, I've been allowing my cars' engine coolant to warm up to 100-110 degrees before driving, monitored by my ScanGauge3.

Right now, the temperature is in the single digits, and it's more important than ever.

pas9vb1_6a45d37e85313943b05dfd71fbf1fb72f367bace.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: