Fitment Inc.

Thanks Thanks:  448
Likes Likes:  439
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667

Thread: So California Parts, Install, Maint/Service, Repairs, Mods, Tuning, Dyno Database

1. Top Of Page | #661

User Info Menu

Re: So California Parts, Install, Maint/Service, Repairs, Mods, Tuning, Dyno Database

It is with a heavy heart and a lump in my throat that I say goodbye to my best friend and partner in crime for the past 13 years. Our original shop mascot has left us. Unfortunately it was far too soon to leave and an unnatural exit.

You will always be loved, remembered and missed. You will always be my GOOD BOY and my BUD.

RIP "Mr." Mario.

2. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #662

User Info Menu

Re: So California Parts, Install, Maint/Service, Repairs, Mods, Tuning, Dyno Database

Back to cars... We had a previously prepped 2015 STi on the dyno today. ETS intake, Invidia catted down pipe, ETS cat back exhaust, Cobb 1050x injectors, AEM/Cobb fuel pump, Cobb Flex Fuel kit, stock clutch.

The car made some decent power with the assistance of a Delicious Tuning map provided by Master Tuner Bill Knose of Delicious Tuning.

4. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #663

User Info Menu

Another busy day at the shop. Another car on the dyno today getting a Flex Fuel tune from Delicious Tuning. Pump gas tune was completed and on the third pull on e85 the (customer supplied) DW65c burnt out. We will be swapping the pump out tomorrow and hopefully finishing the tune so the customer can have the car back for the weekend.

6. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #664

User Info Menu

Performed a little maintenance and upgrades on a 2013 BRZ today. It was time for the 60k service, which we took care of. We also installed some new chassis bracing, sway bars and links. Lots of Cusco blue under the car now, along with a set of Whiteline end links.

8. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #665

User Info Menu

FA20 out of a 2015 BRZ almost ready to drop back in the car. Finish up this one and then I have an EJ255 to drop back in a WRX. Should have that engine ready to go by Wed. Had another FA20 dropped off this morning to have the engine pulled and I have a 2012 STi scheduled to be dropped off this week to have the engine pulled (lifted heads). Possibly another 06 WRX with lifted heads getting dropped off this week too. Two on deck, two more waiting and possibly a third. The engine "storm" continues.

10. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #666

User Info Menu

A crank and rod bearing from an FA20 recently disassembled. Best I can say is a HEAVY pulsation ripped the bearings apart. There are times when a diagnosis can not be performed of the cause/effect, because the remaining parts are so badly damaged. This damage happened in less than 3000 miles. This could be severe "abuse" from multiple points; tune, fuel used, ambient conditions, environment, etc.

For example: if a tune is perfect but air temp rises dramatically due to an undersized inter cooler or not enough air flow over the inter cooler core, this type of damage could occur. If air temps were perfect and the tune was perfect but fuel was of a poor grade, or the fuel pressure dropped this type of damage could occur. This type of damage could result from any number of combinations.

Keep in mind that with supercharged FA20's (BRZ/FRS) the intake air temp sensor is many times before the super charger and the inter cooler.

12. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #667

User Info Menu

For anyone unfamiliar or confused by some of the replies to my previous post here is a pic of the Innovate/Sprintex S/C kit (non-inter cooled) on a 2013 FRS here at the shop today.

This kit uses the OEM intake air temp sensor which is is located right after the air filter but before the supercharger. So, air temp is not taken after the air has been compressed. The intake temps could be extreme without knowing.

14. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #668

User Info Menu

Another 2012 STi in for some major work. We will be rebuilding/upgrading the engine, upgrading the turbo, upgrading the fueling, upgrading the clutch and adding some chassis bracing. Yes, the car will need to be re-tuned with the new modifications.

Began work on the car today. The first Cusco chassis brace is installed.

16. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667