Fuel pressure regulators and line/rail combos... What do you like?

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
It's that time.. not because I want to, but because it's just a good idea at this point. I know nothing about this stuff, and I know what I see around online, but I'm curious as to what you guys think on various brands and/or combos. I trust you all more :p Feedback is greatly appreciated! :ty:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How much you looking to spend?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I might ask you what your power goal is. Either way, with a fuel system, you can just do everything overkill because it won't really effect your current tune and it will set you up for greater power later on.

Typical setups include fuel pump, lines, FPR and fuel rails. The other piece of info you need to know before you buy is top feed or side feed. As for brands, as long as it is not ebay crap you can't really go wrong. Brands that are used with good success in the Suby world are Aeromotive, Perrin, Fuel Injector Clinic. Injector Dynamics, AEM, Tomei, Sard, Fuel Lab and a bunch more that I am forgetting.

If you are buying lines, the -6AN lines are good for anything 450HP or less and for anything greater I recommend -8AN lines. For the fuel pump you kinda need to know what fuel you are using. Gasoline, you could get away with one high flow fuel pump like the Walbro 255 or the Deatschwerks 200. for greater than 500hp you want more like an Aeromotive 340 or a Deatschwerks 300. For very high HP or E85, it may require you to go with dual fuel pumps depending how much power you want, but most applications under 450 require only an Aeromotive 340. as I suggested though, at least as far as the pump goes, you are better off going overkill. It has no adverse effect if you go large on a small application.:tup:

Last edited:

ej25subie05

i will add what i have used in my short days. i have tired perrin fuel rails one for legacy and one on my current sti that i took off and replaced with custom lines and aeromotive rails and fpr. both perrin and aeromotive are perfectly fine, look great and do the job like they are supposed to.

i would suggest going top feed if you are not already. and if your staying under 500hp or so get the id1000cc injectors for sure. these can also be run on e85.

fuel pump listen to what holycrapitsfast mentioned. i took his advice and went with the aeromotive 340 for mine, as for walbro 255 i have had two and out of those 2 one failed in a very short time (on the sti i have right now) so do some research before getting a pump.

not sure how much the stock rails can be pushed to, but the main reason for them is for even fuel distribution when you up the power so you don't get one cylinder running leaner than another. this way all cylinders run cool with the same amount of fueling in them.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Thanks, folks! Took all that in consideration, spoke with Scott and wound up going with the full Aeromotive FPR and Rail kit from Jordan@Defined. He also had the o rings for my ID injectors to replace those, and the Grimmspeed Intake gaskets all for less than what most other companies wanted just the FPR/Rail kit for by itself. Thanks, Jordan! Thank you for your advice, and I'll make sure to get pics once everything is on and set. The first thing Scott and them had me do was fuel pump and injectors. :p Already have ID 1000 and DW65 drop in since around 5k miles on the car.. at over 71k now. :) Thank you so much for your assistance, that definitely helped! Thanks for the hook up, as always, @Defined Performance
tumblr_mxkno62mEf1qbnxbno1_400.gif