2015 WRX, STi Remote Engine Starter

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Remote start will work on STi but you'll never be able to leave it in gear, while parked, if you wanna use it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Has to be a typo. Only wrx has cvt.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Its an english website. I would imagine if they sold it for japanese it would be on a jp website. Not certain but wrx s4 might be cvt.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Its an english website. I would imagine if they sold it for japanese it would be on a jp website. Not certain but wrx s4 might be cvt.

Fairly certain we had a member join in the past from Singapore or Thailand and advertised he had an A-spec STi that was an automatic. "A" being automatic. But given the web is international , I'd think they would have to cover their bases if a foreign customer were to buy from them.

Yea that site is actually from a local dealer near me here in WA. But yea, I understand when I want to use it. Needs to be left out of gear of course.
Is this part the only way to get the remote start to work or is there nicer aftermarket ones that will be compatible anyways?

Planning on the 15 STi here soon, prob put in the order early next month.

wrx2015sti

Got a 2015 Sti here. Best vehicle I've ever owned. I wanted to get a remote starter for it but my dealer told me I would
Void warrantees if I had put in. I never leave it in gear anyway. But still I do want one just don't want to screw with the warrantees.

For an aftermarket one I'm assuming? Or are we actually talking about the one from the dealer?

Wow really? Part from dealer voids warranty. Amazing lol

KenpoSTi

Compustar says their remote start is compatible with a manual transmission. We had their basic two way installed on my wife's old car. It worked great and had a 3000 foot range. I would say you could look into this company. Subispeed also shows some remote start and push button start upgrade kits.

https://www.compustar.com/

Wrx2Sti2018

I install compustar cm7000 unit on a 2018 sti push start and it works perfect. Just have to remember to do the procedure everytime u leave the car for next time to start. This unit has a very good range, highly recommended. I installed automated 5305 in my own 2018 sti pts, the range sucks! regret didn't spent a little more for the compustar.