Thread: 2015 WRX, STi Remote Engine Starter

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2015 WRX, STi Remote Engine Starter

So this has me totally confused
    http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/pr...oducts_id=2245

Its a remote start addon here that says this
    Fits 2015 WRX STi with CVT ONLY
    Never knew the STi came with CVThahaha, so the question is, will it work on the STi anyways?
    And or if there's better recommendation on a 2 way pager remote with remote start capabilities that we can add to the STi's?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Remote start will work on STi but you'll never be able to leave it in gear, while parked, if you wanna use it.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Has to be a typo. Only wrx has cvt.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    Has to be a typo. Only wrx has cvt.
    Even overseas ?

5. Top Of Page | #5
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Its an english website. I would imagine if they sold it for japanese it would be on a jp website. Not certain but wrx s4 might be cvt.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    Its an english website. I would imagine if they sold it for japanese it would be on a jp website. Not certain but wrx s4 might be cvt.
    Fairly certain we had a member join in the past from Singapore or Thailand and advertised he had an A-spec STi that was an automatic. "A" being automatic. But given the web is international , I'd think they would have to cover their bases if a foreign customer were to buy from them.

7. Likes Alin liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yea that site is actually from a local dealer near me here in WA. But yea, I understand when I want to use it. Needs to be left out of gear of course.
    Is this part the only way to get the remote start to work or is there nicer aftermarket ones that will be compatible anyways?

Planning on the 15 STi here soon, prob put in the order early next month.

9. Top Of Page | #8

2015 WRX, STi Remote Engine Starter

Got a 2015 Sti here. Best vehicle I've ever owned. I wanted to get a remote starter for it but my dealer told me I would
    Void warrantees if I had put in. I never leave it in gear anyway. But still I do want one just don't want to screw with the warrantees.

10. Likes Alin liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

For an aftermarket one I'm assuming? Or are we actually talking about the one from the dealer?

12. Top Of Page | #10
    I believe they were talking about one from the dealer. I'll find out for sure this week since my car is there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast