2005 aux jack how to ?

cordoroy

Alright guys so. I've been told the 2005 sti's stereo and climate control are all one inseparable unit ?? Any truth to that? If so what kind of hell should a guy expect to install an aux jack ?? I'm not a fan of FM modulators...

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Hmmm...that's a good question. I wonder how similar the 2005 is to the 04 in this regard.

I can't imagine this is true though, the head unit should come out separately.

Is the stock stereo installed now or are you looking to install an aftermarket head unit?

Last edited:

cordoroy

Stock head unit is in the car now.. It does differ slightly from the 04's. It does seam odd that they would design it like that. I've been searching online the past half hour and have found an aux jack that plugs directly into the fm antenna port on the back of the head unit. This might be a viable option.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Who told you that?

The hvac control and the headunit are two separate pieces... The only oem headunit with an aux slot in the back for the gd chassis is the 07. You can buy an aftermarket that has an aux input.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
...found an aux jack that plugs directly into the fm antenna port on the back of the head unit. This might be a viable option.

Is this some kind of kit? I can't imagine that plugging an aux jack into the antenna port will work.

In fact, there's a possibility it could blow the FM receiver front end.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Not on oem. Only 07 has the slot in the back. Separate port on the corner that plugs into a wire and that wire into the aux tray which fits 06 and 07 only. Your best bet is an aftermarket headunit.

cordoroy

Well that's great to know! I was hoping to get an aftermarket head unit anyway. And the aux jack thing I was looking at is a kit kind of like a modulator but plugs directly into the fm antenna port

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Never seen one that plugs into the antenna before. Must be aftermarket then.

cordoroy

Yea its an aftermarket kit you can buy. It costs about 70 bucks and the adapters are make model year specific