Lifting a Subie!

turbooWRX

i own a 2015 wrx and want to do a 2 inch lift for the rally look and function of it but for anyone that has lifted subies are there any problems with doing it? any downfalls or any advice or recommendations ?? please and thanks in advance! :rallydriver:

That much lift will pull your rear wheels forward, so you'll need longer trailing arms at a minimum. Also, the lift may require some adjustments to your camber (think of the slammed Hondas you've likely seen and then think of it the opposite way, if that makes sense).

You'll have to decide what kind of lift you want also, I had my 2011 lifted ~2.5" (just suspension-wise, got a little shorter as springs were broke in) for a while with a combo of lifting King springs, revalved struts (Feal) and 1" strut top spacers (Subtle Solutions Al spacers). I'd recommend a spring swap and strut-top spacers for that lift level. Not sure if any of the companies have released anything for them yet though.

Another option for a bit of the height is slightly larger wheels (I ran 15x6.5 Braids with 205-70/15 (IIRC) which gave an extra almost-inch of lift.

I'll try to add some shops to check out later, but for now I'll suggest Primitive Racing and Team Illuminata.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Can you still swap over forester stuff on these newer models ?

turbooWRX

thanks a lot man thats a lot of good info and yea one of the few things i need I've already looked into longer trailing arms and i also do want to put different rims with mudder tires. I'm really early in the progress but its something i really want i don't know yet how possible it is because of how new the car is but thanks again for the input and yours must look really nice!