05 STI BUILD

How is your car common along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
About the speed of a snail running a mile. I need to get holes welded up on manifold and decide if I'm powder coating it or investing in cerakote and ceramic coating a ton of my parts on my own. The only issue is I have to make sure prep work is good for the coating so I need to get a quote from a local media blaster after finding one lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

About the speed of a snail running a mile. I need to get holes welded up on manifold and decide if I'm powder coating it or investing in cerakote and ceramic coating a ton of my parts on my own. The only issue is I have to make sure prep work is good for the coating so I need to get a quote from a local media blaster after finding one lol

This with a medium aluminum oxide mess is what I used to blend my intake.

http://m.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/machine-shop/abrasive-blast-cabinet-68893.html

OK Here's an update on the lack of my progress. Since the weather has gotten better I'll be getting off my a$$ and finally finishing this build up so George can start the tuning on 92 octane.

I'll be figuring out what size bung to weld on the na manifold for the gm IAT sensor and everything should start coming together after the manifold is welded.

I'm doing my best to avoid the corn atm since I'm figuring if I'm patient people will perfect a flex fuel system on the GD sti and the last future upgrade engine wise I'll do will be going flex fuel in the future.

After the car is up and running I'll have to make the decision of what I want to do with the suspension since atm the only suspension mod is a perrin rear sway bar, end links and mounts.

I'm just happy that the weather is good enough for me to comfortably work in a garage again and hopefully have my 0-80 stress relief back.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Not sure if either I missed something or that's a typo, but 92 octane?! Why 92?!

You and I both have to get off our asses. :lol:

Can't wait for more updates! :tup:

Not sure if either I missed something or that's a typo, but 92 octane?! Why 92?!

You and I both have to get off our asses.

Can't wait for more updates! :tup:
I always have been planning for the 92 octane pump gas tune since it's what's available to me. The corn juice is a future plan but I'll let the community work out all the flex fuel bugs while I save for the corn components.

Corn components for me would consist of FLEX fuel sensor components, fuel rails, FPR, and all new fuel lines from rails back to tank. Then once at tank I'd have to upgrade the fuel pump and filter sock probably have to hard wire the pump as well. So you could see that's another 1-2K investment that I really don't have atm.

PS agreed both of us need to get off our ass and get our vehicles back on the road lol.

SudoSTI

You'd be fine keeping the stock hardlines from the engine bay to fuel tank. All the local 500+ guys told me they wouldn't cause a restriction unless I went insane like 800+. That will make it cheaper. Pretty sure when all was said and done after I returned unused fittings mine cost me about $800-900 for everything under the hood from Radium and JEGS. And I have a Walbro 460 which is E85 compatible and you can get them for like $120ish from Andy. He keeps them in stock. Although Radium did a teaser a few weeks back I think they're going to release an upgraded fuel hanger for the GDs.

You'd be fine keeping the stock hardlines from the engine bay to fuel tank. All the local 500+ guys told me they wouldn't cause a restriction unless I went insane like 800+. That will make it cheaper. Pretty sure when all was said and done after I returned unused fittings mine cost me about $800-900 for everything under the hood from Radium and JEGS. And I have a Walbro 460 which is E85 compatible and you can get them for like $120ish from Andy. He keeps them in stock. Although Radium did a teaser a few weeks back I think they're going to release an upgraded fuel hanger for the GDs.

Quit it bro and do you still have your FPR for sale since your tempting me?

SudoSTI

Of course! :D Oh and I have a few feet of braided line left over I'd throw in for cheap if you were wanting to go that direction as well haha

Grinder34

Track Monkey
After the car is up and running I'll have to make the decision of what I want to do with the suspension since atm the only suspension mod is a perrin rear sway bar, end links and mounts.

Suspension FTW!

Well I couldn't pass up an up pipe for $60 but jebus some people should step away from the welder when trying to repair a busted weld. Do you think I should clean this up by grinding weld down or leave as is?
5c5808461f2f2a34f0d8c7a492b9769e.jpg
1e21cb8f8eeb1657ef46a9747fcbb485.jpg
d84f251207b85fb3733e68f46a35a1ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
oh no, it's got cancer! :(

Sand it down, grind the welds down, re weld any issues and then coat with vht black.

I think the manifold is ready to have the extra holes welded shut and coated since I believe in finally satisfied with the prep work and porting.
20b2b1950b46db02e0edbf0e2acfe6d2.jpg
993e885d717d85485b2b45a0e03aa3b3.jpg
24d4f3e11945b2afc9530d886ab8a124.jpg
8c003e30c316157da83450f3e223b82a.jpg

Freeing up more Horse Power and Throttle Response for Free. I just have to get the fine grit paper and polishing compound now to finish it.
9bf82d493b11ae7c467bd7fe8c43fd44.jpg
1425ca45530c30198df63bd47f7d0f86.jpg
43a8ced18e4c571608fc5b9d908d0795.jpg
3f8b92f31e5d66d0ed28a47be1eb97ab.jpg

SudoSTI

How fine? Pretty sure I have some 3000+ grit paper around. I still have your Company 23 tools haha

Looks excellent!

Thanks I'm pretty happy I didn't puss out and not try the porting and polishing out. I'm getting the hang of this but will say the most nerve racking thing I ported was the turbo.