MSI Solid Engine Mounts

funk32

I have been using these mounts for over a year now and wanted to give a good review of them.

Past mounts used were Stock and Cusco mounts. Everyone knows the stock mounts are no good heck Subaru thought it would be a good idea to fill them with liquid for a short period of time and that was a disaster. The Cusco mounts were well build and good for most people that want to stiffen up that area but they don't offer any drop in the motor.

The MSI mounts came well packaged and ready to install with all new nuts. They are made from 6061-T6 Aluminium which means they are super light, weighing in at only 14.6 oz each. They also come with a 10mm drop, this helps drop the engine and thus getting the weight closer to the gound, they do offer spacers though so you can only drop 5mm or 0mm if you can't spare the space. I am running a rotated twin scroll uppipe and this still had lots of room. They also come with a life time warranty and state that they have yet to have a failure in the 10 years these have been in use around the world.

My impression, they add a little vibration into the car at idle but as soon as you start moving you can't even feel them.

The install went like any Subaru engine mount install... being a pain in the butt to get those rear bolts and even harder to get them back in. Other then that it was a straight forward install.

Only issue you may have with these at a 10mm drop is that you either need fancy tools or just raise the motor to change spark plugs on the driver side because the rail gets in the way. But really you will change them once a season or even less if you are not flat out racing.

At the moment the engine mounts only cost $195cdn
pics

20141027_145908 by Funk32, on Flickr
20141027_145914 by Funk32, on Flickr
20141027_150155 by Funk32, on Flickr20141027_150203 by Funk32, on Flickr