Show us your PC Gaming Rig!

Here's a place where you can post up your PC Gaming Rig Pictures and specs! Let's see what you guys got!

I actually come from the EVGA forums, but now I find myself here alot so I'd figure I'd share my other hobby :)
I'll start :cool: I just took these last night, enjoy!

2014_11_07_0002-1_zps8u9pc2mc.jpg~original

2014_11_07_0004_zpsuw4c57xz.jpg~original

2014_11_07_0009_zpsmvvzmwvv.jpg~original

2014_11_07_0022_zpsmllzezti.jpg~original

2014_11_07_0024_zps7beycbx8.jpg~original

CSF707Desk-1_zps2c3npddz.jpg~original

Most recent update with a new gpu but I literally just took it out and set it back to get an upgraded version, 1070 FTW ACX to 1070 FTW2 IXC
And since the 1080Ti was just announced, I'll prob be sending back the 1070 FTW2 IXC to upgrade to that as well lol. 3/3/17
14787696_10154259769013557_62749132_o_zpsujblcjr0.jpg~original

Random pics of before and putting the water loop together
IMG_0774_zpsya4c16ha.jpg~original

IMG_1548_zpspvrnkb8i.jpg~original

IMG_1554_zpsydxhuz2r.jpg~original

IMG_0709_zpsanhqkqwh.jpg~original

One of the reasons I had to pull off the full custom water loop asap was due to the closed loop water cooler from Corsair wasn't long enough to reach the sides due to the orientation of the motherboard.
They also didn't give me the motherboard tray for the right side of the desk either so yea lol. Basically, the hot air was just being dumped into the desk chamber, so I ended up opening the bottom of the desk panel to let the hot air dump out that way when I was running it like this for a few months while buying the parts I needed to finish my little dream desk lol.
IMG_0633_zps59kdsluk.jpg~original

IMG_0499_zpsuxlcpcpz.jpg~original

IMG_0496_zpsz13erjbr.jpg~original

This desk is currently running 18 fans, 3 on the left and 3 on the right. Technically there's 8 slots in the back as well, the radiator is running a push/pull fan setup of 8 altogether.
IMG_0441_zpsp9bznrqk.jpg~original

Before the desk
2012_04_05_IMG_00068_zpsoyfda9br.jpg~original

2012_04_05_IMG_00080_zpsr1moor9c.jpg~original

IMG_0347_zpsekgzdhvz.jpg~original

IMG_4978_zps0kkrobbm.jpg~original

More details here on most of the parts still being use, haven't updated it in awhile. http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=28121
Main parts being used are
EVGA z68 FTW EATX Mobo
Intel 2600k 4.5GHz (overclocked)
780Ti SC ACX
560 Ti SC
Corsair x2 SSD's, WD x3 HDD's, x5 External drives(3 Seagate's 2 WD's)
Razor SCII keyboard & mouse, headset (Tiamat's 7.1)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series
ASUS VE278 27" LCD
Corsair AX850
x14 Fan's are being used with the Fan Controller
Win7 Ultimate 64bit

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy shit?!?!?!?!?!?!

Holy shit?!?!?!?!?!?!

That is unreal!!!!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I just can't process this. Is this DOS driven? Lol
Old enough guy here. It's blingy

Thanks guys lol
The desk itself was from Red Harbinger http://www.redharbinger.com/ I believe only 30 were sent to America, I managed to get the first one lol while it was actually still being unloaded from the truck to their business.
Everything inside it was custom designed by me

Water loop parts consisted of
Redharbinger FMJ Series Stainless Steel Reservoir Cover - Classic - 250e Black w/ EK-MultiOption RES X3 250
EK-FC780 GTX Ti - Nickel
EK Supremacy EVO Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Nickel + Blue Acrylic
EK Ultimate Performance CoolStream 480 XTX
Swiftech MCP655 tapped
x2 PrimoChill Ice Intensified Non-Conductive Coolant (32oz.) - Steel Blue
PrimoChill 1/2 3/4 Clear Tubing

Mines no where near the quality n time these other builds. Wish I had more cash to blow lol!
A-look-inside-11_zpsi1jciynq.jpg~original

Red-Harbinger-Cross-Desk-9_zpsfflbq9lg.jpg~original

red-harb-cross_full_zpsjikuwfk7.jpg~original

171421_54d3ccea515853f258a6db2d416c5a20_zpsfv9tvifm.jpg~original

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sick sick sick.

That is crazy!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=4896]Radro[/MENTION] :tup:

Fixed the pictures here and maybe added some new/different ones in the 1st post, didn't realize the links were broken too.
But here's an update, excuse the messy desk :p

17016585_10154656827108557_1390625637_o_zpsrxavfbgg.jpg~original

Grinder34

Track Monkey
My old computer was getting a little long in the tooth (and occasionally rage-inducing), so I decided to build a new computer with Black Friday deals!

I dont game that much anymore (thanks to having a baby), so I dont need top of the line specs. Mostly just wanted it to be small.

So i got:
Silverstone Sugo SG13 case
AMD Ryzen 2600x
Fatal1ty B450 ITX mobo
Adata 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000
HP EX920 M.2 NVMe 512 GB SSD
Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-550PX 550W 80+ Platinum
Arctic A12 case fan
Noctua NF-A9x14 for CPU cooling

Re-using :
AMD HD6800 from last build until GPU prices un-fuck themselves
WD 1TB Green drive 7200 RPM

Everything went together super well with only a few hitches:
1) The stock Wraith Spire CPU cooler was too tall to fit with a full-sized ATX PSU (in hindisght, i would buy an SFX psu). So i pulled the shroud off, and it fit---kinda. Like 1mm too tall causing slight flex in the mobo. So i ditched the stock fan and ordered a low-profile noctua, and basically zip-tied it to the top of the AMD heatsink. Ta-da! It works, good temps.
2) ATX modular cables are waaay too long. They're coiled around in there like a bunch of snakes, and I'm sure killing airflow. They were hitting fans until i stuck my hand in and compressed them a bit. I debated making my own cables...cuz it's really not that hard...but a cheap custom set is about the same price as all the hardware along with the upfront expense for specialty tools needed. So in the end i did nothing. If/when i get a bigger graphics card I'll probably have to do something then. Heck, maybe just cut/solder each of the stock cables?

Yeah, so if i had to do it again, SFX psu and a Dan A4 case (even smaller) would be the only changes i'd make!

But I ALSO got:
A pair of free (to me) 24" HP EliteDisplays (business monitors)...but still better than my mismatched 22" monitors from ~2009.
A new mouse to replace my 2009 G5. I love the G5, but occasionally it glitches and will only move the cursor along the diagonal. I've tried/returned a bunch of mice, but I think I may go with a Deathadder or Fnatic Clutch 2. The shape just feels really good. I want to hate on Razer, but the shape works. I have a free G403 replacement coming (i didnt ask for a replacement, and had already returned mine to BestBuy!). So no rush on a new mouse.
Pre-ordered a Gemini Dusk as my first mechanical keyboard. Opted for the brown switches. Seems like a great package, for a reasonable price, with just enough gamer bling (RGB) for me.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How much did the entire build cost you on the parts that you actually paid for? Also, for the times when you still game, which ones do you play?

My last build was in November of 2015 during Black Friday (much like you) and managed to sell my setup a year and a half later. (I actually broke even to my surprise.)

AMD 2700X w/ Wraith Cooler
ASUS 470 Pro MoBo
RTX 2060
16GB Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz Ram
Samsung 970 Evo m.2 250gb
Samsung 960 Evo SSD 500gb

3 HP 24" Monitors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Silverstone Sugo SG13 case - $44
AMD Ryzen 2600x - $170
Fatal1ty B450 ITX mobo - $89 (after MIR)
ADATA 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 - $88
HP EX920 M.2 NVMe 512 GB SSD - $80
Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-550PX 550W 80+ Platinum $80 (after MIR)
Arctic A12 case fan - $9
Noctua NF-A9x14 for CPU cooling - $16

So: $576

Oh and I got a free copy of Win10 out of MS customer service...
Logitech G403...free
Gemini Dusk - $150, but excited for my first Mech!

So my old computer just needs a gfx card (i'll pop the 6800 back in when I get a new one) and I'll have a 2nd computer. Not sure what to do with it though. I guess I could format the HD and sell? Donate to a school?

My laptop is a Sony, before they stopped selling them (got the employee discount off of closeout prices). It was a champ, but only use it for coding in-car stuff since I cant exactly take the desktop for that.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
AMD 2700X w/ Wraith Cooler
ASUS 470 Pro MoBo
RTX 2060
16GB Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz Ram
Samsung 970 Evo m.2 250gb
Samsung 960 Evo SSD 500gb

3 HP 24" Monitors

Nice! What case and form factor?

Do you have the 3 all beside eachother, or do you have one on top?...or i guess any vertical for coding/documents?

Nice! What case and form factor?

Do you have the 3 all beside eachother, or do you have one on top?...or i guess any vertical for coding/documents?

Center is Horizontal and the other are vertical on each side. I have the Corsair 270r case. The Asus x470-pro is an ATX

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Silverstone Sugo SG13 case - $44
AMD Ryzen 2600x - $170
Fatal1ty B450 ITX mobo - $89 (after MIR)
ADATA 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 - $88
HP EX920 M.2 NVMe 512 GB SSD - $80
Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-550PX 550W 80+ Platinum $80 (after MIR)
Arctic A12 case fan - $9
Noctua NF-A9x14 for CPU cooling - $16

So: $576

Oh and I got a free copy of Win10 out of MS customer service...
Logitech G403...free
Gemini Dusk - $150, but excited for my first Mech!

So my old computer just needs a gfx card (i'll pop the 6800 back in when I get a new one) and I'll have a 2nd computer. Not sure what to do with it though. I guess I could format the HD and sell? Donate to a school?

My laptop is a Sony, before they stopped selling them (got the employee discount off of closeout prices). It was a champ, but only use it for coding in-car stuff since I cant exactly take the desktop for that.

Damn, that's awesome! Fantastic deals!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So, I upgraded an old desktop that I had laying around since 2009 that still had Windows Vista on it. I put in an SSD, a PSU and a GPU. Night and day fucking difference! :lol:

I have a Microcenter that's about 30 minutes away and they had some deals going on. I got a $20 PNY 120GB SSD, and a $30 650W PSU, which I lucked out on since it was on sale and also the last one. I had an old GPU laying around and after doing some research, it mated with this motherboard and needed at least a 450W PSU. (The old one was a 350W.) The GPU is a GeForce GTX 650 Ti.

The computer doesn't compare and can't hang with today's shit, but it's running extremely well right now for what it is. Here are the full specs:

Operating Software: Windows 7 Pro (I love Windows 7 out of everything that I've fucking used. Very simple and no bullshit.)
Motherboard: Pegatron nForce 720a MCP Rev. A2
Processor: AMD Phenom X4 9550 Quad-core ~2.2GHz
RAM: 8GB of DDR2 (2x4GB) PC2-6400 (400MHz)
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB RAM DDR5
Power Supply Unit: Solid Gear 650W 80+ Bronze

Now, I didn't do too much research, but from what I gathered, it seems that the motherboard can't handle anything else... The CPU is pretty much one of the best ones that the MB supports. The RAM that is supported is up to DDR2 and I have 8GB already, so I imagine that's also capped out. I updated all of the drivers for everything. Unfortunately, the MB is too old to support quick/fast boots, so it's essentially running at it's peak.

I haven't fucked around with overclocking in like 4-5 years. What do you guys recommend? Should I leave things as they are or should I experiment with overclocking a bit? I forget what you can overclock exactly, aside from the GPU. Benefits or disadvantages?

Do you guys know of any benchmarks that I can perform? Websites or programs?

If anyone has knowledge or is bored and wants to do some research, help point me in the right direction! :lol:

That PC is old!!! I would overclock it for sure. Is the processor a black edition? I don't know if they even had that for that model, but I had a 1100t black edition that loved overclocking. I would try the multiplier first. Stock should be 200 so if expect 230 or so when overclocking it. What is the mhz of the cpu now?

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Here is my build list:

CPU
: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro
Memory: Patriot Memory VIPER 4 Series 3000MHz (PC4 24000) 16GB Dual Channel DDR4
Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 250GB (boot drive and apps) & Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Video Card: MSI Gaming Radeon RX 580 256-bit 8GB GDRR5
Case: CORSAIR Carbide 100R Mid-Tower Case- Silent Edition
Power Supply: EVGA 750 GQ, 80+ Gold 750W, Semi Modular
Optical Drive: LG Electronics Internal Super Multi Drive
Multi-Card Reader: Transcend USB 3.0
Additional Fans: Noctua SSO Bearing Fan NF-P14s
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10
Power Strip: Tripp Lite Isobar 2 Outlet Surge Protector

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I haven't fucked around with overclocking in like 4-5 years. What do you guys recommend? Should I leave things as they are or should I experiment with overclocking a bit? I forget what you can overclock exactly, aside from the GPU. Benefits or disadvantages?

Do you guys know of any benchmarks that I can perform? Websites or programs?

If anyone has knowledge or is bored and wants to do some research, help point me in the right direction! :lol:

1) what is the computer's use-case? You can learn about OCing it sure, but if you're not rendering/gaming/etc... you probably dont need to OC it. Will you notice if Chrome is snappier?

2) You can OC the processor, RAM, and graphics card. To really push anything you'll need aftermarket coolers, but see #1. Also, with that old a computer, you're never gonna be running modern day graphic-intensive games in 4K.

3) In the past I've used 3dMark and FutureMark as benchmarks. This time around I downloaded RealBench.

4) HWMonitor (https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html) can be useful for monitoring just about everything (temps, voltage, etc...) especially during benchmarking.