Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Show us your PC Gaming Rig!

Silverstone Sugo SG13 case - $44
    AMD Ryzen 2600x - $170
    Fatal1ty B450 ITX mobo - $89 (after MIR)
    ADATA 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 - $88
    HP EX920 M.2 NVMe 512 GB SSD - $80
    Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-550PX 550W 80+ Platinum $80 (after MIR)
    Arctic A12 case fan - $9
    Noctua NF-A9x14 for CPU cooling - $16

So: $576

Oh and I got a free copy of Win10 out of MS customer service...
    Logitech G403...free
    Gemini Dusk - $150, but excited for my first Mech!

So my old computer just needs a gfx card (i'll pop the 6800 back in when I get a new one) and I'll have a 2nd computer. Not sure what to do with it though. I guess I could format the HD and sell? Donate to a school?

My laptop is a Sony, before they stopped selling them (got the employee discount off of closeout prices). It was a champ, but only use it for coding in-car stuff since I cant exactly take the desktop for that.

Check out my journal here!

4. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman98 View Post
    AMD 2700X w/ Wraith Cooler
    ASUS 470 Pro MoBo
    RTX 2060
    16GB Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz Ram
    Samsung 970 Evo m.2 250gb
    Samsung 960 Evo SSD 500gb

3 HP 24" Monitors

Nice! What case and form factor?

Do you have the 3 all beside eachother, or do you have one on top?...or i guess any vertical for coding/documents?

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Oh! If you're ever looking to build again, definitely use Slickdeals and/or Reddit to find some insane savings.

https://old.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/new/
    https://slickdeals.net/deals/computer-parts/

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    Nice! What case and form factor?

Do you have the 3 all beside eachother, or do you have one on top?...or i guess any vertical for coding/documents?
    Center is Horizontal and the other are vertical on each side. I have the Corsair 270r case. The Asus x470-pro is an ATX

8. Top Of Page | #16
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    Silverstone Sugo SG13 case - $44
    AMD Ryzen 2600x - $170
    Fatal1ty B450 ITX mobo - $89 (after MIR)
    ADATA 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 - $88
    HP EX920 M.2 NVMe 512 GB SSD - $80
    Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-550PX 550W 80+ Platinum $80 (after MIR)
    Arctic A12 case fan - $9
    Noctua NF-A9x14 for CPU cooling - $16

So: $576

Oh and I got a free copy of Win10 out of MS customer service...
    Logitech G403...free
    Gemini Dusk - $150, but excited for my first Mech!

So my old computer just needs a gfx card (i'll pop the 6800 back in when I get a new one) and I'll have a 2nd computer. Not sure what to do with it though. I guess I could format the HD and sell? Donate to a school?

My laptop is a Sony, before they stopped selling them (got the employee discount off of closeout prices). It was a champ, but only use it for coding in-car stuff since I cant exactly take the desktop for that.
    Damn, that's awesome! Fantastic deals!

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

9. Top Of Page | #17
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

So, I upgraded an old desktop that I had laying around since 2009 that still had Windows Vista on it. I put in an SSD, a PSU and a GPU. Night and day fucking difference!

I have a Microcenter that's about 30 minutes away and they had some deals going on. I got a $20 PNY 120GB SSD, and a $30 650W PSU, which I lucked out on since it was on sale and also the last one. I had an old GPU laying around and after doing some research, it mated with this motherboard and needed at least a 450W PSU. (The old one was a 350W.) The GPU is a GeForce GTX 650 Ti.

The computer doesn't compare and can't hang with today's shit, but it's running extremely well right now for what it is. Here are the full specs:

Operating Software: Windows 7 Pro (I love Windows 7 out of everything that I've fucking used. Very simple and no bullshit.)
    Motherboard: Pegatron nForce 720a MCP Rev. A2
    Processor: AMD Phenom X4 9550 Quad-core ~2.2GHz
    RAM: 8GB of DDR2 (2x4GB) PC2-6400 (400MHz)
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB RAM DDR5
    Power Supply Unit: Solid Gear 650W 80+ Bronze

Now, I didn't do too much research, but from what I gathered, it seems that the motherboard can't handle anything else... The CPU is pretty much one of the best ones that the MB supports. The RAM that is supported is up to DDR2 and I have 8GB already, so I imagine that's also capped out. I updated all of the drivers for everything. Unfortunately, the MB is too old to support quick/fast boots, so it's essentially running at it's peak.

I haven't fucked around with overclocking in like 4-5 years. What do you guys recommend? Should I leave things as they are or should I experiment with overclocking a bit? I forget what you can overclock exactly, aside from the GPU. Benefits or disadvantages?

Do you guys know of any benchmarks that I can perform? Websites or programs?

If anyone has knowledge or is bored and wants to do some research, help point me in the right direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

10. Likes Eagleye liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

That PC is old!!! I would overclock it for sure. Is the processor a black edition? I don't know if they even had that for that model, but I had a 1100t black edition that loved overclocking. I would try the multiplier first. Stock should be 200 so if expect 230 or so when overclocking it. What is the mhz of the cpu now?

12. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Eagleye, Alin liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Here is my build list:

CPU
    : AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor
    Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro
    Memory: Patriot Memory VIPER 4 Series 3000MHz (PC4 24000) 16GB Dual Channel DDR4
    Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 250GB (boot drive and apps) & Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
    Video Card: MSI Gaming Radeon RX 580 256-bit 8GB GDRR5
    Case: CORSAIR Carbide 100R Mid-Tower Case- Silent Edition
    Power Supply: EVGA 750 GQ, 80+ Gold 750W, Semi Modular
    Optical Drive: LG Electronics Internal Super Multi Drive
    Multi-Card Reader: Transcend USB 3.0
    Additional Fans: Noctua SSO Bearing Fan NF-P14s
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10
    Power Strip: Tripp Lite Isobar 2 Outlet Surge Protector

15 GBP STi

14. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    I haven't fucked around with overclocking in like 4-5 years. What do you guys recommend? Should I leave things as they are or should I experiment with overclocking a bit? I forget what you can overclock exactly, aside from the GPU. Benefits or disadvantages?

Do you guys know of any benchmarks that I can perform? Websites or programs?

If anyone has knowledge or is bored and wants to do some research, help point me in the right direction!
    1) what is the computer's use-case? You can learn about OCing it sure, but if you're not rendering/gaming/etc... you probably dont need to OC it. Will you notice if Chrome is snappier?

2) You can OC the processor, RAM, and graphics card. To really push anything you'll need aftermarket coolers, but see #1. Also, with that old a computer, you're never gonna be running modern day graphic-intensive games in 4K.

3) In the past I've used 3dMark and FutureMark as benchmarks. This time around I downloaded RealBench.

4) HWMonitor (https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html) can be useful for monitoring just about everything (temps, voltage, etc...) especially during benchmarking.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast