Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  28
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your PC Gaming Rig!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Show us your PC Gaming Rig!

Here's a place where you can post up your PC Gaming Rig Pictures and specs! Let's see what you guys got!

I actually come from the EVGA forums, but now I find myself here alot so I'd figure I'd share my other hobby
    I'll start I just took these last night, enjoy!

Most recent update with a new gpu but I literally just took it out and set it back to get an upgraded version, 1070 FTW ACX to 1070 FTW2 IXC
    And since the 1080Ti was just announced, I'll prob be sending back the 1070 FTW2 IXC to upgrade to that as well lol. 3/3/17

Random pics of before and putting the water loop together

One of the reasons I had to pull off the full custom water loop asap was due to the closed loop water cooler from Corsair wasn't long enough to reach the sides due to the orientation of the motherboard.
    They also didn't give me the motherboard tray for the right side of the desk either so yea lol. Basically, the hot air was just being dumped into the desk chamber, so I ended up opening the bottom of the desk panel to let the hot air dump out that way when I was running it like this for a few months while buying the parts I needed to finish my little dream desk lol.

This desk is currently running 18 fans, 3 on the left and 3 on the right. Technically there's 8 slots in the back as well, the radiator is running a push/pull fan setup of 8 altogether.

Before the desk

More details here on most of the parts still being use, haven't updated it in awhile. http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=28121
    Main parts being used are
    EVGA z68 FTW EATX Mobo
    Intel 2600k 4.5GHz (overclocked)
    780Ti SC ACX
    560 Ti SC
    Corsair x2 SSD's, WD x3 HDD's, x5 External drives(3 Seagate's 2 WD's)
    Razor SCII keyboard & mouse, headset (Tiamat's 7.1)
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series
    ASUS VE278 27" LCD
    Corsair AX850
    x14 Fan's are being used with the Fan Controller
    Win7 Ultimate 64bit

2. Top Of Page | #2
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Holy shit?!?!?!?!?!?!

Holy shit?!?!?!?!?!?!

That is unreal!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

3. Likes CSF707 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I just can't process this. Is this DOS driven? Lol
    Old enough guy here. It's blingy

5. Likes CSF707 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks guys lol
    The desk itself was from Red Harbinger http://www.redharbinger.com/ I believe only 30 were sent to America, I managed to get the first one lol while it was actually still being unloaded from the truck to their business.
    Everything inside it was custom designed by me

Water loop parts consisted of
    Redharbinger FMJ Series Stainless Steel Reservoir Cover - Classic - 250e Black w/ EK-MultiOption RES X3 250
    EK-FC780 GTX Ti - Nickel
    EK Supremacy EVO Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Nickel + Blue Acrylic
    EK Ultimate Performance CoolStream 480 XTX
    Swiftech MCP655 tapped
    x2 PrimoChill Ice Intensified Non-Conductive Coolant (32oz.) - Steel Blue
    PrimoChill 1/2 3/4 Clear Tubing

Mines no where near the quality n time these other builds. Wish I had more cash to blow lol!

7. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Sick sick sick.

That is crazy!

Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

10. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Wow! That's awesome. I'll stick to my Playstations and XBox. LOL

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Re: Show us your PC Gaming Rig!

Fixed the pictures here and maybe added some new/different ones in the 1st post, didn't realize the links were broken too.
    But here's an update, excuse the messy desk :P

| EVGA Z68 FTW | EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC 3GB | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | Custom EK Water Loop | Red Harbinger Cross Desk | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.24v | Corsair 16GB Vengeance | Corsair Neutron 256GB SSD |
    | Corsair AX850 | Lamptron FC5V3 | ASUS VE278 27"
    | Creative Inspire T6160 5.1 & X-Fi Fatal1ty 7.1 Champ | Razer Marauder & Spectre & Tiamat 7.1 | Affiliate Code: 3MHCIBME48 |

12. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

My old computer was getting a little long in the tooth (and occasionally rage-inducing), so I decided to build a new computer with Black Friday deals!

I dont game that much anymore (thanks to having a baby), so I dont need top of the line specs. Mostly just wanted it to be small.

So i got:
    Silverstone Sugo SG13 case
    AMD Ryzen 2600x
    Fatal1ty B450 ITX mobo
    Adata 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000
    HP EX920 M.2 NVMe 512 GB SSD
    Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-550PX 550W 80+ Platinum
    Arctic A12 case fan
    Noctua NF-A9x14 for CPU cooling

Re-using :
    AMD HD6800 from last build until GPU prices un-fuck themselves
    WD 1TB Green drive 7200 RPM

Everything went together super well with only a few hitches:
    1) The stock Wraith Spire CPU cooler was too tall to fit with a full-sized ATX PSU (in hindisght, i would buy an SFX psu). So i pulled the shroud off, and it fit---kinda. Like 1mm too tall causing slight flex in the mobo. So i ditched the stock fan and ordered a low-profile noctua, and basically zip-tied it to the top of the AMD heatsink. Ta-da! It works, good temps.
    2) ATX modular cables are waaay too long. They're coiled around in there like a bunch of snakes, and I'm sure killing airflow. They were hitting fans until i stuck my hand in and compressed them a bit. I debated making my own cables...cuz it's really not that hard...but a cheap custom set is about the same price as all the hardware along with the upfront expense for specialty tools needed. So in the end i did nothing. If/when i get a bigger graphics card I'll probably have to do something then. Heck, maybe just cut/solder each of the stock cables?

Yeah, so if i had to do it again, SFX psu and a Dan A4 case (even smaller) would be the only changes i'd make!

But I ALSO got:
    A pair of free (to me) 24" HP EliteDisplays (business monitors)...but still better than my mismatched 22" monitors from ~2009.
    A new mouse to replace my 2009 G5. I love the G5, but occasionally it glitches and will only move the cursor along the diagonal. I've tried/returned a bunch of mice, but I think I may go with a Deathadder or Fnatic Clutch 2. The shape just feels really good. I want to hate on Razer, but the shape works. I have a free G403 replacement coming (i didnt ask for a replacement, and had already returned mine to BestBuy!). So no rush on a new mouse.
    Pre-ordered a Gemini Dusk as my first mechanical keyboard. Opted for the brown switches. Seems like a great package, for a reasonable price, with just enough gamer bling (RGB) for me.

Check out my journal here (Sold)
    My non-subaru journal here!

14. Thanks Eagleye, Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Eagleye, Alin liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

How much did the entire build cost you on the parts that you actually paid for? Also, for the times when you still game, which ones do you play?

My last build was in November of 2015 during Black Friday (much like you) and managed to sell my setup a year and a half later. (I actually broke even to my surprise.)

16. Thanks Eagleye, IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes Eagleye, IGOTASTi liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast