Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  30
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Show us your PC Gaming Rig!

1. Top Of Page | #51
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Show us your PC Gaming Rig!

I started a new thread regarding phones and tablets when it comes to customization, hacking, and rooting.

https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/thr...259#post147259

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

2. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

@Grinder34 , have you found a curved monitor yet?

It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

3. Top Of Page | #53

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    @Grinder34 , have you found a curved monitor yet?
    I finally got to use a 34" widescreen Dell at work last week when I was visiting another office. Man, they're great! It's a little more vertical space than my 2x 24" and maybe a little less horizontal. I think I can make two "fake" monitors with display fusion for my home PC. And with the work PC I think the snap-to-side will work well enough. But I'm waiting for black friday! I already cleared it with the wife.

Check out my journal here (Sold)
    My non-subaru journal here!

4. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #54

User Info Menu

Wow, I completely forgot about Black Friday... I was recently looking on Craigslist and found some $150-200 curved monitors, but unfortunately, the sellers wouldn't budge on their prices.

6. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    Wow, I completely forgot about Black Friday... I was recently looking on Craigslist and found some $150-200 curved monitors, but unfortunately, the sellers wouldn't budge on their prices.
    I'm not sure I'd ever do a CL monitor. Dead/stuck pixels are a real thing and would drive me nuts. I need (want?) a return policy!

7. Top Of Page | #56

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    I'm not sure I'd ever do a CL monitor. Dead/stuck pixels are a real thing and would drive me nuts. I need (want?) a return policy!
    I just don't value a monitor being more than like $50. I was trying to get one for $40 and another for $50. I can deal with dead pixels.

8. Top Of Page | #57

User Info Menu

What browser do you guys use???

I recently switched from Chrome to Firefox because I don't like how much Google knows about me.

With firefox, I installed the following add-ons (in the order they appear on my add-ons page):
    Disconnect
    Facebook Container
    HTTPS everywhere
    I don't care about cookies
    Keepa
    Link Cleaner
    Privacy Badger
    Redirect AMP to HTML
    Skip Redirect
    Temporary Containers

9. Top Of Page | #58

User Info Menu

I haven't used Chrome in a very, very long time. (2013-2014?) I switched to Firefox at some point and then again to Opera. Opera got redone however many months ago with major privacy improvements. The browser I've been using for the last 18+ months has been Brave. (Phone and all computers.) As with everything, you have to do your own research and due diligence. All I'm doing is making you aware of its existence if you don't already know.

10. Top Of Page | #59

User Info Menu

Doesn't look like I updated. I sold my HP Spectre back in May of this year. I've been solely using the desktop from 2009 since with no hiccups, which is a pleasant surprise. The MX Ergo mouse is the best mouse I have ever used and right now, I can't imagine experiencing a better mouse. I suppose that we'll find out with time what other inventions come out. The reason I remembered about this thread is because I'm going to go check out a gaming laptop in a couple of hours and hopefully purchase it. I've done some research on it the past two days and for the price I'm going to pay, it seems like a really great deal (or a steal).

Fingers crossed that I have pictures and specifications to share.
    @Grinder34 , did you ever find a curved monitor? Black Friday has passed by.

11. Top Of Page | #60

User Info Menu

Alright, I'm extremely pleased to announce that I'm now a proud owner of a MSI GS70 2PE Stealth Pro!

This laptop is fully loaded. Here are all of the specifications:

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GS70-2PE-.../Specification

The only issue is that the battery is shot and won't charge at all, so I have to leave it plugged in at all times. I don't mind doing so, especially since I got it for $200. They're selling for $450-500 on eBay, so hell of a deal indeed. I've been going through it for the past two hours and I think I'm almost done transferring my files and settings from the desktop to this. It's already on Windows 10, so I also had to go through all the retarded and useless services and disable them. I have a couple more programs to install and I should be ready to go.

Edit: I'm finished setting up the laptop and tailoring it to my needs. Extremely happy with it! It's literally just about on par with the desktop I built back in November of 2015!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast