Show us your PC Gaming Rig!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Get us a picture or two of your setup! What mouse and/or keyboard do you use?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'm gonna make the leap and try to essentially strap my PC to the underside of my desk. Should make my desk cleaner...theoretically.

Also for sure going to return my GPU. Its unstable as hell. At this point people say drivers are pretty stable, so it must be a bad card. I got another Warehouse deal so we'll see how it stacks up. Sine new GPUs are around the corner from AMD and nVidia, as well as Intel getting into the game I won't be tooooo sad if you his drags out long enough I can either step up a notch or save some serious coin

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
When you say strapped to the underside of the desk, do you mean that literally? What would be used to hold the tower in place? Is it easily accessible for future cleaning and upgrades?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'm posting here as a reminder to myself. tomorrow I need to clean off my desk and upload a picture. I love the way it looks now!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Don't forget!

I'm curious to see your setup now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
That was the quick and dirty (literally) version.

Wires could be tidied, surfaces wiped down & dusted, but that's how it sits today!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Built my first PC for gaming/video editing a few months ago

Build details:

Ryzen 9 3900x
X570 Aorus Elite wifi motherboard
NZXT Kraken x63
Samsung 970EVO 1TB M.2
Seagate Barracuda 4TB hard drive
Evga 650w PSU
Gigabyte Windforce OC RTX 2070 super
Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB ram 4x8
Cablemod pro series cables white/black with gold combs
Cablemod AIO sleeve (white)
Cablemod vertical PCI-E bracket
(2) NZXT 120mm AER case fans

62fc34c78e106fdace8e3517e8318729.jpg

765c3247b35fa0a7ca5d2e3d82872bd2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
@Grinder34 , woah what an odd shape tower you have. Do you think you could ever go back to a "normal" screen after your wide one?

@War_Panda04 , how much did it cost for you to build your current tower? You also have a massive screen. Do you feel you could ever revert back to a "normal" screen?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
@Grinder34 , woah what an odd shape tower you have. Do you think you could ever go back to a "normal" screen after your wide one?

@War_Panda04 , how much did it cost for you to build your current tower? You also have a massive screen. Do you feel you could ever revert back to a "normal" screen?

Just in the tower itself there is prob $2500 or so.

And prob not lmao

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Just in the tower itself there is prob $2500 or so.

And prob not lmao

Dang! Would you say you're future-proofed for at least 5+ years in terms of raw power?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Dang! Would you say you're future-proofed for at least 5+ years in terms of raw power?

Yea at least. I built this specifically to have enough power to game, stream and edit videos on. Im good for a long time

Grinder34

Track Monkey

It's an ITX case, not a tower. It was the sweet spot for me between compact and $$$. There are smaller ones out there, but they can easily cost hundreds just for the case. But its much smaller than any ATX case which was super nice when it was on my desk.

I've been a multi-monitor user for a long time. Working on a single monitor makes me irate, unless it's an ultrawide like mine. But i could do 2x 24" (or larger) monitors again pretty easily.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
It's an ITX case, not a tower. It was the sweet spot for me between compact and $$$. There are smaller ones out there, but they can easily cost hundreds just for the case. But its much smaller than any ATX case which was super nice when it was on my desk.

I've been a multi-monitor user for a long time. Working on a single monitor makes me irate, unless it's an ultrawide like mine. But i could do 2x 24" (or larger) monitors again pretty easily.

My main monitor is a 34” curved ultrawide, left monitor is 24” just used for excess when im editing. I love being able to have everything in front of me as the same time

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
My tolerance for with Windows 10 was finally extinguished about 3 weeks ago, and I will never in my life use another computer with Windows 10 OS. I was fed up at the time and didn't have enough patience to sit through another Windows 7 install. So, I purchased a 2014 Macbook Air recently and am still trying to get adjusted to it. This is the reason why Ive been absent for a couple of weeks.

Does anyone else use a Macbook, and/or have any tips for a newbie?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
What was the Windows issue? I'm a windows lifer here--every time I have to use a mac I pull my hair out!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What was the Windows issue? I'm a windows lifer here--every time I have to use a mac I pull my hair out!
I've been prolonging the forced updates for months bypassing them with the physical power button, and suddenly one day, the computer disables the network adapter, and does not allow me to enable it without updating. That was the most unacceptable, ridiculous experience I've had with Windows 10, and the final straw.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Since May, I purchased a new battery for my Macbook Air. It actually improved the performance overall and there was a noticeable difference. I'm also very satisfied to say this fucking computer doesn't ask me, or force me, to update if I don't want to! :lol: ?

So far, it's been perfect for my application, and what I need it to do. I'm still getting accustomed to the new layout and shortcuts, even after about 4 months.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I think it's Apple's own OS. I think something along the lines of OSX Catalina?

I don't think I have ever used a Linux OS in my life.