AppRadio3 and Note4

BlueKoi

Not playing nice... anything besides rooting that can be done to get these two devices working together?

I posted in NASIOC but no responses from anyone who got this working.

Thanks!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION] might know for us.

BlueKoi

@TK-421 might know for us.

Cool -- I'll keep my eyes open. Normally this is a breeze for me, but these 2 devices just don't want to get along. There are a few different ways for the devices to interact, and I can only get the Bluetooth working properly. Unfortunately that doesn't give all the functionality.

Anyway, thanks!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ours is an 04 STi so we can't even help you or we would.

TK-421

Eeesh, stereo stuff isn't my area of expertise, I'm more mechanical, like engine, transmission, ECU recalibration. I had a friend that worked at best buy a couple years ago and I remember him saying that the Pioneer AppRadio worked well with some devices and refused to work with others. I know he had to have customers download a special app on their phone so it could communicate with the head unit. Other than that I'm just pissing in the dark here. Just as confused as anyone else would be.

BlueKoi

I have the appradio 3. What is it not doing

Well, it's doing Bluetooth and that's it...

I have the wiring set up so that I plug it in and it says Mirrorlink connecting but then when I click on Mirrorlink on the Appradio it says no compatible apps. But I have Waze and others that are supposed to work. I thought when you plugged it in and it recognized the device, it mirrored it on the AppRadio screen.

I'd REALLY appreciate some feedback. Thanks [MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION] !!

Yes I use the H10FAUWESTA when we use the Note 4. I have both set ups for iPhone and Android. To be honest I would not buy the Appradio from Pioneer again due to the lack of support from Pioneer. I went to using the Note 4 after I got the iPhone 6 and it didn't work. Now that I have jailbroken my iPhone my wife has taken back her Note. But I will go and set my appradio back up to use it to test and make sure the newest firmware didn't kill something. But to be honest rooting your Note to use Unchained is the best and easiest way to go. And Unchained will allow you to do things the Appradio would not allow

BlueKoi

@Boogieman98
Yeah, I'm thinking of rooting it anyway. Does it only require root to use Unchained or do I have to have some custom ROM?

Looking on the App Store I see Unchained for $29.99... worth it? Thanks for the feedback!

**EDIT** Just rooted.........

Sorry man for the delay in getting back to you sooner, been crazy busy with everything. Anyway yes I think it is a steal for all that you can do with Unchained. It does what Appradio should have done from the start. I do frequent avic411.com to help with any issues I have. I am not a member on that forum I just read over it. Another good one to check out is www.appradioworld.com. They update you on anything new going on with car infotainment systems. Hope you enjoy it and by the way love the Launch Edition. I almost traded mine in for one.

BlueKoi

Sorry man for the delay in getting back to you sooner, been crazy busy with everything. Anyway yes I think it is a steal for all that you can do with Unchained. It does what Appradio should have done from the start. I do frequent avic411.com to help with any issues I have. I am not a member on that forum I just read over it. Another good one to check out is www.appradioworld.com. They update you on anything new going on with car infotainment systems. Hope you enjoy it and by the way love the Launch Edition. I almost traded mine in for one.

Great info, thank you. I bought the app yesterday!

So far, loving the STi... I've got some mods on it already, too so it's got some extra oomph (like it needs it). :)