Question about the stock tunes on STi's

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION]

Im sure one of you guys have tuned a completely bone stock car before. (04-14 sti. I dont think it should matter TOO much which year)

Did you check and compare what variables you had to change to achieve a harmonic tune? What exactly about the stock tune makes it so crappy?

Im assuming that the 07+ are a little different since they have that air pump.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
@HolyCrapItsFast @TK-421

Im sure one of you guys have tuned a completely bone stock car before. (04-14 sti. I dont think it should matter TOO much which year)

Did you check and compare what variables you had to change to achieve a harmonic tune? What exactly about the stock tune makes it so crappy?

Im assuming that the 07+ are a little different since they have that air pump.

I have never tuned a completely stock STi.

The reason for the crappy tune is because the government strong holds the car companies into achieving unreasonable emissions and fuel efficiency. Hence that is also the reason for the crappy pistons

That said... the 04 through 06 are the better tunes from the factory. I have no idea what they were thinking with the later years. I do often recommend a cleanup tune for newer stock cars but I have yet to have someone ask me for it.

Maybe I should get mine all cleaned up lols. Runs great so far, think I just hit 400 miles already.
No cable or AP though, need to get em someday.