Whats your sleep schedule?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ive been trying different sleeping hours in the past few weeks and i seem to like 22:00-04:00 the most.

Whatre you guys' sleeping schedule?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What time do you wake up?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Thats when the lurking begins! You heard it here first folks.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Man, you guys are crazy with such little sleep. It makes you age faster (or something).

I usually start getting ready for bed around 11pm, and the alarm wakes me up around 6:35.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Man, you guys are crazy with such little sleep. It makes you age faster (or something).

I usually start getting ready for bed around 11pm, and the alarm wakes me up around 6:35.

Is that enough sleep for you? Have you always had this sleeping schedule?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Resurrecting this 4 years later! (Wow, time flies!) How has your guys' sleep schedule changed over the years? I've been getting 3-4 hours of sleep a day for a long time now!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Resurrecting this 4 years later! (Wow, time flies!) How has your guys' sleep schedule changed over the years? I've been getting 3-4 hours of sleep a day for a long time now!

3-4 hours? That is not healthy man. 6-7 hours here. Usually in bed around 9, sleeping by 10-1030 and up at 5.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well, there are other variables and aspects that contribute to it being possible and sustainable such as diet and lifestyle.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Really man, that's not good. Not getting enough sleep leads to all sorts of problems, including cancer. Not like I wanted to go straight to the bad, bad stuff. But it's true...

I have a bit of sleep apnea from messed up sleep cycles in the military. It's crazy just how many people, especially in the Navy develop it. As it turns out, "You can sleep when you're dead" is a poor recipe for your health. :lol:

Now I can't sleep on my back at all, without choking.

Last edited:

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Really man, that's not good. Not getting enough sleep leads to all sorts of problems, including cancer. Not like I wanted to go straight to the bad, bad stuff. But it's true...

Yeah way to take it from "3-4 hours is not healthy" to "you will get cancer" haha im j/k I get what you are saying and it is true that sleep deprivation is responsible for a lot of issues people face.
[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] what is your schedule like before you go to bed? Do you try to go to bed at the same time each night? Is that time early enough to allow for 6-8 hours? Do you use any electronic devices before sleep (phone, tablet, etc)? Have you invested in a good bed?

Not sure if you are actually looking for any help with sleeping, so ignore me if you don't want the unsolicited poking/advice!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Yeah way to take it from "3-4 hours is not healthy" to "you will get cancer" haha im j/k I get what you are saying and it is true that sleep deprivation is responsible for a lot of issues people face.

Seriously, I'm not being smart ass. Long story short, there are many things the body does ONLY while sleeping. All of us walk around every day with cancer/pre-cancer cells in our bodies. It's just that our immune systems identify and destroy them. When your immune system is compromised over long periods of time, it's effectiveness suffers greatly. Stress is also a big factor in many cancers, not only due to a weakened immune system, but also due to abnormally high levels of certain hormones such as (but not limited to) cortisol when you are regulary sleep deprived.

/End of rant. :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh, no! Sleep may have to be added on the taboo topic list now! :lol: Guys, I'm fine. I don't need any help. I'm just interested in how much sleep others get! Like I said, many factors come into play, which is why my circumstance allows minimal sleep to work for me. I may be an exception to the rule, who knows.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Should have added something to show I was joking. I tend to have a dry and sarcastic sense of humor.

But anyway, you shouldn't make anything in life taboo (personally or otherwise). I know a lot of people, my wife included, that actually do treat politics as taboo and I never really understood that stance (I'm not sure if you actually do or not...but either way, now I'm thinking about it haha). It is important to have discussions on things that people disagree about. Hard to find common ground on anything if you sit in your own corners. Just the way I view it, to each their own. The current political climate is an interesting one. I have no problem telling anyone my political stance, why I feel that way, and then listening to others opinions and thoughts. Often times I can at least understand other ways of viewing something even if I do not agree.

Too many people think we need to be this or that with no grey area and they are willing to be extremely confrontational about it for whatever reason. It is a shame that most news outlets rely on good ratings to make money through advertising as it creates the media circus we have now. Everything has to be outrageous and in your face. Hell even the weather channel puts guys outside in hurricane weather to make it more compelling to watch...seriously? It's the fucking weather. Tell me what it is going to be like today and for the next week. If there is a big event you can cover that too, but we don't need to see Jim the weather man falling over himself trying to cover a weather event live.

ef02b4af17582f7a6170122891c468b7be9ea23b0285b06fb6db56ed06b08fe3.jpg

Last edited: