02 Frankensubie Monstrosity

SudoSTI

Haha as much as I love executing loopholes just for the sake of being an obnoxious twit, I would rather drive the car, so it doesn't break my heart much. They warning letter deal they left also said something about not being able to commit the same offense anywhere in the city within the next two years so it appears they may have a loophole for my loophole. It isn't putting me out much and I'm luckily on spring break right now. So get it mobile during spring break then off to the Barn for a couple weeks while I have class then I just have to coordinate some tuning time with HolyCrapItsFast. :)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Same lawyer vibe:

There's gotta be a minimum time you're allowed to do it repeatedly (ie, oil changes for one day). I bet it's if you exceed two weeks, you can't do it again. So within two weeks, you're probably fine to wash, rinse, repeat. But you do risk irking your neighbors.

SudoSTI

That's a good point, I hadn't considered it that way. Oh well, less hassle to just finish it than get it in and out of the garage. I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem if it weren't on jack stands. The car has been in the same spot for almost a year, it's just the last couple months it's been up in the air with no drivetrain. I'm still a bit baffled as to why I would get singled out when the guy down the street from me has three classic cars up on jack stands as well, only difference being that his still have wheels attached and car covers on them. Not to mention the state of a couple neighbors' yards. Oh well, I'll live... Or move to one of the two neighboring towns hahaha!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow fucking scumbag cocksuckers. Whats it matter if your car is on jackstands... Its your private property.

SudoSTI

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? :lol: Yeah it's stupid. All the more reason to move sooner to a place with a bigger garage and/or shop. I was pretty annoyed at first but to be honest I'm only coming up with opportunities to improve stuff as a result of this. Odd considering how pessimistic I am. Just placed my order with Subaru Genuine Parts for the odds and ends stuff to complete the drive train and I'm getting some Cusco Zero 2E coils from my buddy this week. :thumbsup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Pieces of shit with nothing better to do. Did any of them confront you about it?

SudoSTI

Negative. And the weird thing is that I know probably 80% of them fairly well and we're on very good terms. A few of them even ask when it will be finished so they can go for a ride. I guess it could have been a meter reader for the city. I've run across them a time or two and they have a tendency to be pricks with ears. One almost beat my neighbor's dog with a collapsible night stick because he barks a lot. He'll never do anything other than follow you around barking at you but the dude charged the back yard holding up the stick screaming get back at him. I'd wager if the dog had come a foot closer he would have would have been bludgeoned to death.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn man. Thanks for the warning. I wont be visiting WA anytime soon. :lol:

Negative. And the weird thing is that I know probably 80% of them fairly well and we're on very good terms. A few of them even ask when it will be finished so they can go for a ride. I guess it could have been a meter reader for the city. I've run across them a time or two and they have a tendency to be pricks with ears. One almost beat my neighbor's dog with a collapsible night stick because he barks a lot. He'll never do anything other than follow you around barking at you but the dude charged the back yard holding up the stick screaming get back at him. I'd wager if the dog had come a foot closer he would have would have been bludgeoned to death.

Try that shit here and you're bound to get shot. Legally or not, and if it's not there is plenty of desert were someone can disappear.

SudoSTI

I mean, in the guy's defense, I'm sure there are some dogs that do have bloodlust and are defending their territory so he's probably predisposed to believe that would be the case from past experience just trying to do his job. But I t would have been very easy to tell otherwise if he had just taken a minute to analyze the situation. I mean you can tell the dog is getting up there in years, his bark is slightly hoarse because he does it at damn near everything, and as the dude approached the dog would continue to bark but would back up. One that was actually going to do anything would have held it's ground. I could tell the dude was a douche anyway because he as soon as he got the reading he jumped in his truck and hammered on the throttle chirping the tires a bit as he left. I'm sure IF he had done something there would have been reprocussions. That would have ended up all over the news and the public would have come down on the dude and even the city hard. I think it went nation wide so I would assume some of you had heard about the Pasco WA PD killing that dude for throwing rocks at police officers, the locals here went APESHIT. It was crazy. Granted my story is just a dog vs a guy but a good majority of the community is very pro-animal so I'm sure a similar situation would have occurred.

SudoSTI

Progress! I'm sticking with the stock JDM FPR and rails that came with my Spec C manifold for the time being. I'm going to test the limits of the stock lines/rails as I've heard from a few sources that they really aren't particularly limiting on Subarus. And I'm curious. :lol: Being that I was keeping the stock stuff I had to flip it to keep the proper fuel delivery/pressure order when I flip the manifold for maximum awesomeness.

Beer!

Flippage!

SudoSTI

More progress!

Broke this little guy on my alternator though. >.< I'm open to suggestions on a repair.

SudoSTI

Progress! Installed the entire rear end, front coils, front spindles, and shift linkage. Doubt I'll get anything done tomorrow but hopefully I'll be able to get the trans in some time during the week. If not it'll be next weekend for sure.

SudoSTI

Looks like I'll be changing my plan a bit. I had foolishly assumed that open source speed density would be created equal across all Subarus. This is not so. Being that I still have the stock 16-bit ECU I would be stuck with a couple constant CELs plus there are a few other limitations. Not so great for a DD street car. COBB seems to really have it figured out though so I'll begrudgingly be switching over to an AP.

On a better note, the wife is taking the kids out of town for a majority of the weekend so I'll have uninterrupted car and beer time! WOO!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Looks like I'll be changing my plan a bit. I had foolishly assumed that open source speed density would be created equal across all Subarus. This is not so. Being that I still have the stock 16-bit ECU I would be stuck with a couple constant CELs plus there are a few other limitations. Not so great for a DD street car. COBB seems to really have it figured out though so I'll begrudgingly be switching over to an AP.

On a better note, the wife is taking the kids out of town for a majority of the weekend so I'll have uninterrupted car and beer time! WOO!

The beer time is a must! :tup:

SudoSTI

Installed the clutch fork and was about to put in my trans in then came across this little gem:

Luckily my buddy who is a welder was free and saved my bacon:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Holy Crap!

Glad you got that one fixed. :tup:

Last edited: