02 Frankensubie Monstrosity

SudoSTI

Turtle progress. I found some kid and managed to swap my 02 center console for his 07 WRX TR center console and finally installed it in my car today. I lost the STI shift trim by swapping but I have two real useable cup holders now. :D

My wife just realized that my cluster only reads in km/h and wasn't real thrilled. She asked what if she had to drive it how she would know. So my buddy made this convenient conversion chart for her :lol: :

Cop mode: ENGAGE

SudoSTI

Fnally sold my old coilovers last night and the guy threw this in because it was just sitting around in his garage:

No progress on my car today though. I'm installing my old clutch into someone else's bugeye and looking it over for him. It's pretty janked together. Missing a coolant overflow tank, missing a nut for the bolt that connects the pitch stop to the engine, missing a few of the bell housing to engine bolts, the clutch fork shaft plug is missing and the plug is sliding out, it's a mess.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Can you PLEASE tell me where you bought that center console laptop holder piece or how you made it?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Stickynote, hah, love it.

SudoSTI

Can you PLEASE tell me where you bought that center console laptop holder piece or how you made it?

I bought it from [MENTION=1062]STI 2NR[/MENTION] along with the Brembos, spindles, and front axles. I also have a bracket bolted to the base of the passenger seat that holds a fire extinguisher that I can attach it to rather than the clock mount. He custom made it himself and I believe it's a secret. Only other one in the world similar is in his BajaSTI. You'll have to get a hold of him and see if he'll let you in on the construction of it.

SudoSTI

Just paid my deposit for my turbo and FMIC! I drop it off at the Horsepower Barn May 3rd! I'm so excited!!! :tard:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Nice! My box arrived today as well! [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] :ty:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks guys for the orders. ;)

Enjoy!

SudoSTI

Dropped my car off last night! Unfortunately I was so excited I forgot to take pictures. :lol: Realized on my drive to work this morning that I forgot to install my exhaust as well so I'll grab some pics when I drop it off this week.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That's what she said. ?

SudoSTI

Not car related but I found out today I was accepted into the instrumentation technology program at school! Two more years and I'll finally be done! And I'll be able to get a job that will fully support my moddiction. I'm thinking about that time I'll be ready for phase two: operation engine rebuild. So far I'm thinking JDM big port heads mated to a USDM de-stroked short block all powered by a Haltech ECU and display... mmmmmm adding AVCS and 10k rev limit.....

SudoSTI

Not much to report as my car has been sitting at the barn for almost a month and they still haven't touched it yet. :doh:They're been rebuilding and prepping a 1400+whp Supra, 800+whp 335i, and rebuilding an STI to be in the 700+whp range all for competition so my car keeps falling onto the backburner. Which I would be irritated about but was told I would get a "fabricator dragging ass discount." :lol:

In the meantime I've still been finding and fixing issues with the poor neglected bug I've been working on. The clutch fork cylinder sticking half way out was hiding the fact that the master and/or clutch slave cylinders are on their way out so those are getting replaced. He asked me to upgrade him to a SS clutch line while I was at it so I picked one up for myself at the same time.

SudoSTI

If I recall correctly all they did was a single 6766 kit, custom FMIC, injectors, and a Haltech piggybacked onto a COBB AP. Engine is all stock, trans and diff are stock, the thing is a beast.

SudoSTI

Car is still at the fabricator. He's a new business owner and did the typical "say yes to everyone in fear of not getting enough business only to end up with too much business." But he finally started on it early this week and he's scheduled to be done with it by the weekend. I ordered most of my odds and ends bits this morning like an Odyssey battery, fuel pump relay kit, random fittings, etc. I also snagged an Aeromotive FPR (forgot pic) from my buddy and downgraded the monstrous 2150s as I may need to run pump on occasion and they are a pain to tune on pump. I picked up a set of Five-O Black Ops 1400cc injectors instead. They seem to be kind of hit or miss quality-wise but I picked up this set from a guy at Phatbotti tuning who ran 91oct and E85 and had no tuning issues with either. We shall see though.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I would have a cleaning and flow test service performed on them just for piece of mind. :tup: It is also important to know what the published latency is. If you could somehow find that out before tuning. Maybe Phatbotti knows those values. Latency is more important than most people know and is the root cause of many a tuning woe. If not then it is not the end of the world. We can find that sweet spot but it will add to the tuning time and could take several driving runs to complete.