02 Frankensubie Monstrosity

Got busy and haven?t rolled/pulled fenders. Even better news though. Went to fill up today and the pump was down. I called the station and come to find out they ran out of E85 and due to some construction right next to the pump they won?t be refilling it until construction is complete. Estimated time for refill was somewhere between one and six months. I really need to nut up and do flexfuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This makes me not even want to b9ther with corn since we have only one station in town that has iffy corn fuel. Now they give you that huge window of a time frame of when they will have e80 something back in stock.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SudoSTI

I got pretty busy with other stuff going on and frustrated with the car so I?ve been ignoring it. However, I got so irritated I finally did something about it. I realized it was running rough because I had a Go Fast Bits underdrive pulley but didn?t have the matching alternator and power steering pulleys to compensate for the smaller diameter crank pulley. Replaced it with a Fluidampr and hooooooooly shit it runs so much better.

Next up, I?m spraying coolant from somewhere and my overflow tank wasn?t working properly. I?m thinking there?s something going on with the filler neck I had added to the radiator so I?m going to replace the whole radiator with a CSF radiator, Gates hoses, and a Chase Bays coolant overflow in a week or two.

Along with the radiator business I?m going to knock out two other things, hook the AC system back up because last summer was pretty miserable, and take the car to my buddy and have him add brackets to my turbo kit that AD engineering didn?t add. The lack of brackets is putting a bunch of stress on the exhaust components so the v-band on the back side of the turbo always develops a leak, and the flange is still warped where the downpipe connects to the catback so that will need machined or replaced. As well as cutting a couple inches off the bottom of my intercooler core since it?s just too damn tall, and add brackets to the top of my intercooler to attach the bumper to since AD Engineering failed to do that as well. Needless to say I?m not happy at all with their work. Took too long to get completed initially and now I?m having to have someone else go back over and redo everything.

Anywho, going to revamp the car now that I have time and money to do so. Once I figure out a good place to host pictures I?ll get some up as things progress again.

SudoSTI

Oh yeah and the E85 pump is back! But it has a tag that says ethanol content varies 51-83%. So also going to get flex fuel rolling.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Good luck with all of that, sounds like it will take a little time to get it all sorted.

In regards to the photo hosting, it was one of many reasons for me to go with a paid membership here (I was using photobucket and apparently they want to piss off all of their existing and potential customers with paid 3rd party hosting).

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yay an update 6 months later! :fuji:

Interesting info regarding the pulley!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

SudoSTI

Good luck with all of that, sounds like it will take a little time to get it all sorted.

In regards to the photo hosting, it was one of many reasons for me to go with a paid membership here (I was using photobucket and apparently they want to piss off all of their existing and potential customers with paid 3rd party hosting).

Yep, been meaning to get the membership since mine ran out.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=4986]SudoSTI[/MENTION]

Did you swap out the crank pulley yourself? If so, was it difficult or time consuming? Any specialty tools?I haven't looked at a DIY yet.

SudoSTI

[MENTION=4986]SudoSTI[/MENTION]

Did you swap out the crank pulley yourself? If so, was it difficult or time consuming? Any specialty tools?I haven't looked at a DIY yet.

Sure did! It wasn?t bad, took me maybe 4-5 hours going in no rush whatsoever. And the only reason it took that long was because I ground down the face of my alternator and the alternator bracket (per Full Race?s instructions for their kit) in preparation of adding the AC belt once I get all my AC components back in while I was already in there. I put on a Fluidampr rather than a different stock sized pulley so it was basically:
1) Remove serpentine belt
2) Remove crank bolt (7/8? socket or whatever metric equivalent)
3) Remove GFB underdrive pulley (wiggle and tug)
4) Use dremel to shave back some of the plastic timing belt cover so the Fluidampr can be fully seated against the crank (per Fluidampr?s instructions)
5) Put Fluidampr on crank
6) Reinstall crank bolt
7) Torque crank bolt to spec
8) Reinstall serpentine belt
9) Drink beer

SudoSTI

Overhauling my car last and this weekend. So far I have reground my alternator to ensure the AC belt would clear it, installed AC belt and tensioner, replaced leaking turbo oil drain gasket with a fresh one, plugged coolant supply on back of head and capped radiator return bung, installed Revel VLS oil pressure and water temp gauges in an ATI dash pod, hooked my stereo up properly so sound comes out of both sides, and installed AMS small battery tray.

Currently still underway is relocating EBCS to intake manifold, relocating power steering reservoir to EBCS location, installing coolant overflow in old power steering reservoir location, sand both flanges of my downpipe flat to get rid of exhaust leaks, install old AC lines (and purchase high pressure line), bend low pressure AC line to clear downpipe, vacuum and recharge AC system.

I?ll get pics of my current progress up tonight when I have a spare few minutes.

SudoSTI

Pics as promised:

OsSOsL3.jpg

p7pwr5F.jpg

7icJIO3.jpg

D8L0OuT.jpg

A6zc1RK.jpg

QlkaVnQ.jpg

cFf3KDG.jpg

wkjdHKf.jpg

SudoSTI

Going in a different direction with the turd. Probably going to make a Turdbox 2.0 build thread. And that 2.0 means more than just one thing. ;)

qRQJlqs.jpg