02 Frankensubie Monstrosity

SudoSTI

Just finished redoing all the vacuum lines and tightening all the fittings. I'm recharging my battery then tomorrow I'll test for leaks, set the fuel pressure, then should be golden! Really hoping my PCV setup was trash and my turbo is fine. Then I can finish tuning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
YAY! :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
We should be okay but no big deal if we have to tweak it.

So ran into a mishap. I bought some fresh o-rings from FIVEO for my injectors since everything else was going to be new. The o-ring that goes into the manifold was a little different from the one I was using but I didn't think too much of it. The injectors had originally fit oddly but I attributed that to the JDM manifold and rails and moved on. Well this time the o-ring thing kept nagging at me so I talked to FIVEO about it and sent some pictures. Turns out the injectors were the wrong body for my car. And it's kind of a miracle I got them to fit in there and run great in the first place. So my options were try and cram them back in with the old shitty o-rings I had and try and get them to work again, or buy new injectors. Well FIVEO offered to take back the incorrect injectors and sell me a new set specifically for my car at an OBSCENE discount! Props to FIVEO for their outstanding customer service!

I also think my catch cans were doing more harm than good so I'm selling those to a buddy and going without until I can get a matching Radium AOS. I'm pretty sure they were causing excessive crank case pressure, preventing my turbo from draining properly, and that's why I've been losing oil out my tailpipe.
@HolyCrapItsFast will this require tweaking to the injectors on my tune even though they will be same brand, model, and size? Also going to start sending more data to continue tuning if my turbo really is ok.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Carberry ROM = Flex Fuel = HolyCrapItsFast FlexFuel kit.

Just a thought :tup:

SudoSTI

No leaks! And I'm not sure if it's the new injectors or removing the cans so the PCV system can operate but it is SO much more responsive!

SudoSTI

Whelp, finished my degree and internship and start a new job on the 31st! Not my dream job but the starting point is equivalent pay-wise to where I ended at my last job and wage should increase substantially quite quickly. Plus it's in my degree field so that's a plus. Kind of on the fence about what to do with the Turd. As it stands now I'm thinking of saving a fat wad and just dropping it off to Tier 1 and having them button and tidy up all the loose ends then sell it to a local bro.

As tired as I am of all the bros around here I'd still like to find a mint, unmolested 08-14 hatch and build it like I had planned before I bought the Turd. Guess we'll see how things play out. I'll try to keep this build updated regardless of which direction I take.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Congrats and good luck on future endeavors! :tup:

Whelp, finished my degree and internship and start a new job on the 31st! Not my dream job but the starting point is equivalent pay-wise to where I ended at my last job and wage should increase substantially quite quickly. Plus it's in my degree field so that's a plus. Kind of on the fence about what to do with the Turd. As it stands now I'm thinking of saving a fat wad and just dropping it off to Tier 1 and having them button and tidy up all the loose ends then sell it to a local bro.

As tired as I am of all the bros around here I'd still like to find a mint, unmolested 08-14 hatch and build it like I had planned before I bought the Turd. Guess we'll see how things play out. I'll try to keep this build updated regardless of which direction I take.

Congrats on job internship but damn don't leave due to the bros because that means I'll be running solo in the fb group LOL. I do admit it's a bit irritating when people post pics of them doing real mechanical work and get absolutely no comments on the club compared to the posts of mud flaps, spoilers or stickerbombing that get 20 or more comments.

I've just accepted the fact that most the younger crowd know they can't turn a wrench and post on things that they mig jt actually be able to do even if it requires a few people to instal those pesky mud flaps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrats on job internship but damn don't leave due to the bros because that means I'll be running solo in the fb group LOL. I do admit it's a bit irritating when people post pics of them doing real mechanical work and get absolutely no comments on the club compared to the posts of mud flaps, spoilers or stickerbombing that get 20 or more comments.

I've just accepted the fact that most the younger crowd know they can't turn a wrench and post on things that they mig jt actually be able to do even if it requires a few people to instal those pesky mud flaps.

There's a Facebook group? Send me an invitation.

There's a Facebook group? Send me an invitation.

Sudo and I are in the same city so we're a member of the same local subaru club FB page.

It's nice to see some of the people's comments but most of the time it's pretty much spotted or non mechanical comments that don't interest me to much.

I'm mostly on it for the part sales posts since I like acquiring and hording subaru parts.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Sudo and I are in the same city so we're a member of the same local subaru club FB page.

It's nice to see some of the people's comments but most of the time it's pretty much spotted or non mechanical comments that don't interest me to much.

I'm mostly on it for the part sales posts since I like acquiring and hording subaru parts.

Then you better start patrolling Nasioc, although I don't really want any competition in snagging parts. :tard:

SudoSTI

Dude me and Garvie always make jokes about that one tool that asked for help installing his mud flaps hahaha. Well I went camping this weekend with someone that works at the same place I'm starting at and after talking to him, this likely could end up being a better gig than my internship was. Like easily still be making six figures within a year or two better. Plus it would stay M-Th 4-10s so three day weekends every weekend rather than having to do shift work. Like I said I'll play it by ear for a year or two. If I advance like he makes it seem I will then I'll probably stick around and get a minty hatch and build it like I wanted. Plus a few other project cars. ;)

SudoSTI

Yeah the FB group is a major letdown. Back eight or so years ago when I joined everyone was a major enthusiast. Now it's like if you don't own a 2015 WRX or STI or newer and do anything other than cosmetic mods they don't care. It's a bunch of punk kids. There are a couple guys with major legit builds that are still technically members but seldom if ever comment because all the "bros" just try and send people to some local douchebag that owns a general auto shop and don't want to hear of legitimate, experience Subaru tuners' answers.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
15+ WRX's and STi's, cosmetic mods, vapes... Everyone and their fucking mother has a VA subie now. I'm so sick of seeing them everywhere. Subaru fucked up with the CVT cause now literally anyone can drive one. WTF happened to the blobs and hawks? I don't see them anymore! (I hope I'm the only one who's got a dusty car in the garage.) I see bugs from time to time, but they're all rotted to hell in OH. I stopped going to meets in 2012, so it's gotta be a million times worse these days.

@IGOTASTi We need that IGOTASTI meet to happen already! :tard:

These are the types of people who value mudflaps, a million brand decals, intakes, and BOV's over sway bars, tires, and maintenance. :tdown:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
You gotta love your car. If you're not loving it, trade-in or trade-up. If an 08+ is your dream...do it! I know i love when i wrench or research mods and I'm smiling, when it stops being grins, its a job...but you're not getting paid!

SudoSTI

I wouldn't say it's my "dream" persay, but I have always wanted one of the newer hatches and to make it into a street sleeper. I guess it's a practicality meets fun type deal. While I have done a lot of fun stuff with this turd and learned a lot, it's still not quite what I've always wanted to do. We'll see how it goes though.

SudoSTI

Apparently Photobucket is charging $399 now for third party image hosting. Fuck that. I'll have to take some time transitioning stuff over to Google Photos. I might use this as an opportunity to redo my build thread and clean things up.

Also thought I would mention I think my mind has changed back hahaha. This turd is just shy of being paid off (should be in a couple months) and I've come up with quite the game plan for it. I think I was mostly dreading having to do exterior stuff to make it look good again but I'm just going to get fresh OEM front end bits and keep it looking like it is but new and repainted. The rest we'll see if it comes to fruition or if I change my mind again haha.