Controlling Boost

I have noticed recently that with the cooler weather here, I feel alot of oscillation in my boost. So tonight I decided to log some parameters and see whats up. As I guessed, there is a lot of oscillation in by boost control. Now I have read that lowering my initial WGDC can help reduce this initial boost spike and help smooth out my boost control. In my research I have also found that I can re-scale my WGDC table such that it is more precise during the period of spool up and shortly after so also help control it better. I just wanted to get a more professional opinion from you guys as well, while I continue on this journey of learning. I have also attached the 4th gear log in which was used to produce my lovely plot. I'm sure [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] will appreciate my log.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6hYbxLvNVDrNkFDWGlvZ24zV2s/view?usp=sharing

Boost vs RPM.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION]

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I can't see the log till I get home but the graph suggests it is turbo dynamics and not waste gate duty. The feedback system is reacting to quickly and you get hunting. I should be able to fix that no problem. I will prepare a new map for you tonight.

Awesome, yea from my control knowledge that is an under damped response. I'm trying to understand which TD table will help dampen the control. Is it correct for me to say either the proportional or the integral table needs to be scaled down, ie less change/smaller change, in order to combat the hunting?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Awesome, yea from my control knowledge that is an under damped response. I'm trying to understand which TD table will help dampen the control. Is it correct for me to say either the proportional or the integral table needs to be scaled down, ie less change/smaller change, in order to combat the hunting?

I think the proportional table needs to be scaled down. Which ever one effects immediate change, not change over time. I have to look because I haven't touched dynamic tables for quite some time. Simply put it is a PID controller and my engineering knowledge says proportional.