Not your typical STi build

sjcurtis

Well it all started with a 200k mIle 2007 Forester x that I bought for $3,200 on 2/12/14

So far I have bought a wrecked 07 sti and have started to swap some stuff out with the help of some great how to's in this forum.

First and most important mod is the avengers bobble heads

And secondly the 2007 sti

It almost makes me sad to take a sti apart but it's for a good cause

Free Invidia exhaust :)

sjcurtis

So far it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I have swapped out the trans, suspension, front and rear subframes, clutch and brake master cylinders, brakes and the center console

And yes it's a NA forester with a 6 speed and Brembos but that will all change as soon as I rebuild the sti motor. I picked up some Evo Recaro seats that already had Planted seat brackets for a wrx last week

I also picked up some jdm sliding rear seats from a member on here las night

Had to take the exhaust to the muffler shop to get longer hangers welded on but it was a free exhaust so I didn't mind paying $50

sjcurtis

I also swapped out wheels with my sti just for shits and giggles

Just a little to big for the fozzy bubut it looks good

Nice to see more Foresters STi, have a couple in my group locally.

sjcurtis

Thanks guys I can't wait to get the motor swapped out!!!!!!!! This is my first NA subaru and I don't think I can take the slow much longer. As far as the parts on the STi most of everthing is sold and I am probably going to make the car into a mub buggy. It's pretty cool looking with the forester suspesion under it and I think it will be pretty fun on the dirt roads around the house.

sjcurtis

All this and its just a little NA forester. I can't wait to get the STi motor built and put in this thing. This is the only NA subaru I've owned and damn it's slow

It is still pretty handy though I went and picked up a Honda F22b motor and trans today and it all fit in the back of the fozzy

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I love it! Both the foz suspension swap to the sti and the stealthy foz (once the motor swap is made). Looks great!

sjcurtis

I just got a hell of a deal on a Perrin FMIC for the fozzy so I am probably going to keep the hood instead of changing it to the xt hood.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Woah this is gonna be crazy! :tup:

sjcurtis

Well had a busy weekend but got alot of stuff done to the fozzy. I had the windows tinted 32% on the front two windows and 15% on the rest. I also got the JDM rear seats installed with some help from my cousin that works at a machine shop. He cut some 1" round stock steel to make six spacers then drilled and tapped them and welded them to the floor board. I still need to take the rails up so I can paint the bare metal so I will get some better pictures later. The seats work great and feel freaking awesome.

Oh yeah my mechanic stopped by and started to clean up the STi motor to get it ready for the build

sjcurtis

I traded my 2007 Silver BBS wheels for some 2013 BBS gold wheels what do yall think?

Got rid of the crappy stock door speakers and can finally hear the radio. It was pretty damn easy I just used the factory speaker brackets in the front and cut the speakers out and put some 6.5" in them and the rear I took out just enough metal out of the door to fit the new 6.5" straight into the door.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Rims actually look amazing...! :tup:

sjcurtis

Picked up my wheels from the powdercoater today and I have to say they look so much better then they did when they was gold!!!!!!!

and a before picture

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice. Looks sweet.

sjcurtis

Well I figured I would get started on fitting the Perrin FMIC to the car while the new sport bumper was not painted so I wouldn't have to worry about scratching it up. The bumper beam doesn't fit at all so I am going to have to do a little welding to the beam itself and I will post pictures whenever I get that done. But anyway the kids and I didn't have much to do last weekend so here are some pictures of the little bit of work we got done.