"Chloe" 07 STi

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Sorry @grinder i wasnt aware there was a legit difference. I will b tucking

And thats all i have to say about that...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=5193]War_Panda04[/MENTION] so, are you saying you don't shave?!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
"Chloe" 07 STi

And thats it ladies and gentleman the motor is out!! First time pulling a subaru motor, learned a lot and didnt break anything

Now i get to work on TUCKING ( [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] ) the engine bay lol thats going to occupy my time so im not out spending money and can focus on saving up for the new motor and what not

cf84bc3acb8df59057acf268fc90e967.jpg

402f300e64ef187b1809421ee2cc0e39.jpg

e6f5a0a7c297534b9af7acad50f89c08.jpg

f3e5323c139b87dd66aa9e80aad6f8e9.jpg

ad2ba062a0fd97d10023b2bec3e4cdbd.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nice job.

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
I think im going to try and rebuild my block as well and sell it to try nd make some money back.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I think im going to try and rebuild my block as well and sell it to try nd make some money back.

Good idea.

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Now the question is do i rebuild stock or throw some upgraded parts in it? Or just sell the block by itself and clean it up for someone to do their own work.

These are the questions lol

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Do some quick pricing research.

My thoughts are that people have their own preferences, so if you chose Piston A, and someone likes Piston B, you'll be taking a hit (just as an example).

But at the same time, labor and know-how aren't cheap. You can (almost) always profit from some sweat equity and make more than just the cost of parts. The question is how much is your time worth to you?

SudoSTI

Unless you rebuild them on the regular it would probably be best bang for you buck to sell it as is. Like Grinder said, people have different brand and/or spec preferences/needs so by rebuilding you're only narrowing your potential market. Plus it would be tough to make money back after having to buy components and whatnot. Plus plus a lot of people will be turned off unless the rebuild was performed by a reputable builder. FYI YMMV etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Thanks for the info guys. My plan was to have a buddy of mine do the actual work for it and split the money with him but now im thinking as is would b the best route for that simple reason of limiting my potential market. Now the question is do i split the halves and clean it up or literally as is?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
0b3e8b62eed8717663d8da70056fa10f.jpg

So im switching out the corbeau seats i bought for these fixed back OMP seats i got from a co-worker FOR FREE!! he said he wanted to see them put to good use rather than sitting at his house

2f00a16f682a7454595609c2885ff573.jpg

Girlfriend approved!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dang! ❤

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Nice! I wanna see them in the car :tup:

you and me both lol. i need to figure out which mounts to get. they make "tall" and "short" mounts but id like to incorporate sliders into that so i think getting the short ones would be best. i like sitting low in the car but still high enough that i can see what i need to you know

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I can tell you from experience to get the short especially if you add sliders :tup:. You will not be sorry. Besides if it is to low with the short ones you can always shim them up. If you get the tall ones then you are stuck with what you have.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Just posted the Corbeau seats for sale. Hopefully someone takes them soon.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What? Why?

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well... how much you asking??? [MENTION=5193]War_Panda04[/MENTION]