My new 93 miata

RevRico

Well I'd been planning on buying an sti, still am, but this miata popped up on my radar and I had to buy it. Feel free to talk crap, go ahead, especially those of you who meet me and know how big I am.

This is my second first gen miata, only car I've actually bought again. While it could use more power (what couldn't) its my favorite driving car. Bounce off the limiter all day and still see 30 mpg? Definitely.

The true point of this post was to get back in touch with [MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION] I'd really like to come down and talk to you, pick your brain a little bit about tracks in the area. I promise I don't want you to do work on it, well maybe my afr guage that previous owner started putting in, mostly just met some more car people.

Any of you guys actually had a miata though? Take a chance and drive one, hell if you're in my area, I might even let you drive mine. Any questions or concerns about them as well, I can do my best to answer.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
My buddy has a boosted miata i think its a 94 we took it around the track at pocono raceway this past weekend and holy shit im impressed... That little thing isnt fast in a straight line but it can really hold speed around turns

6eefbab3471201f659fec15840e2cb65.jpg

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
876f174750efa2c77715af20b6f16534.jpg

The giant wing is completely functional and necessary in my opinion its bolted to the frame not the trunk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How much you get it for?

RevRico

More than I should have, but helping a buddy out. Full coil overs, 10 lb flywheel and a rather nice clutch included. Hell of a lot nicer than my 91 was. Already looking at a butterfly brace to hold at even higher speeds. I really want to post pics but can't find attach on my mobile

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Seems really sweet.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I got a couple of laps with my instructor last time at VIR in his miata. In the straights it was a yawn, but keeping up with a Z06 in a corner with a "c'mon, get outta the way" attitude is a riot.

And then many years ago I ran into this guy at willow springs with a miata. He said the car had something like 150,000 miles on it with half of them at the track. Not sure if I believe him, but he had a crazy aero setup:

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

RevRico

Finally managed to get some pictures up. I don't have a good hosting solution, so it took me a while to find something.

It's actually going under the wrench this coming week. Need to replace the valvecover gasket, crank angle sensor o ring and plugs and wires. From the way it was smoking when I did the ATF flush this week, and the leaks around the motor, this should have it running even better. Just a shame that even the 6 speeds from the 10 anniversary editions have the same final drive ratio. Can't imagine how good the mileage would be if it wasn't revving so high at 65mph.