Silver Bullet 2004 WRX STI

Had a lot of blow bye. New motor will have none. But I plan on making a cat h can setup as well. Just don't have the budget for it yet took me almost 2 years to save up so I can rebuild the motor. Next week I will draw something up for the routing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a lot of blow bye. New motor will have none. But I plan on making a cat h can setup as well. Just don't have the budget for it yet took me almost 2 years to save up so I can rebuild the motor. Next week I will draw something up for the routing.

Lol I've owned my car more years not running then I did when it ran so I know the pain and suffering.

a79c66c0a334a4a12cc667c36dd9a6b0.jpg

I'm looking at something like this and doing the hose routing myself. They have 2 and 3 port versions of them so you can have one or two entry ports with one outlet

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

Picked this up yesterday for $20 to clean everything up before it goes back in. New pump is on its way and need to outfit a heating element for it. Parts should be here tomorrow. Then it's clean, clean, clean.

ad54202d865662c356d5afbd0852e4ed.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Congrats on that find! Lucky dog!

Hmm don't let the hose pop out of the tank when trying to fill and test for leeks

7ceb755fea3781c71867806de7c0acc8.jpg

Congrats on all the goodies and wise choice on the cam gear wrenches and cam gear lock.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

Thanks, I have broken enough impact grade 10mm Allen sockets from flex using the timing belt method, trying to remove the cam gear bolts, to know there worth...

Hmm this makes 3 now

bfc8cedf0e71762f1212ab4c842f42a7.jpg

But found a nice set of I beams in one. Still have to have them checked but at first glance they look good.

e3697ea3ab0be34cffed25f47781d9ea.jpg

Wish I knew who made them though. No marking in them :/

quick google search shows that they are BC i beam rods with arp 2000 bolts..

EDIT: actually further inspection shows that these are Manley Turbo Tuff I beam rods with arp 2000 bolts.

Last edited:
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION], ACL race bearings or OEM?

LOL you've acquired as many short blocks as I have now.

When I had corvairs I had enough parts to make probably like 6 complete engines.

Well friend blew two motors in under 6 months before he decided to build a brand new motor.

Well friend blew two motors in under 6 months before he decided to build a brand new motor.

Crap I'm sorry to hear that we'll hopefully you can make a second spare short block out of the two blown motors.

Well he wants the crank back out of one of them and can't blame him it's a $1600 crank, but he said I could have the rods. Gonna keep my original block and store it away since it's the block that shipped with the car. That leaves two sets of sti rods and Pistons. One 04 crank and one nitrided crank. Gonna use the nitrated crank in new block with BC rods and Manley 2168 drop in Pistons. Head are still rocking stock valve train just basic clean, resurface and reset the valve clearance. Stock cams. Gates racing timing belt. Gonna reuse the components for timing belt and water pump since I just did it like 15k miles ago. Also scored some arp 2000 head studs from one of the blocks. So gonna check those and then use them as well. Still waiting on Pistons to arrive, so entire rotating assembly can be balanced. Hopefully a week or two and it will be assembly time.

Forgot to say gonna use a vf48 as well since my vf39 is toast