Silver Bullet 2004 WRX STI

Well vf 48 turned into deadbolt 20g and tomei headers

Also some late night welding.

12c1f75675e80f1df94ccc3102757e85.jpg

Will clean it up in the am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the turbo and header deal

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

No offense taken. If I didn't have a grinder I would not have welded it with flux welder. After a grind it will look better. That and it's under the car no ones gonna see it

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It only looks stupid if it DOESN'T work! :tard:

:lol:

Lol, difference between a good welder and a bad welder is the grinder.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If it works and there are no problems, you're good to go. It's not like people are going to walk up to your car and immediately get on the ground and point at your welding... :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I don't see anything wrong with it. It's allot better than anything I could do with a welder!!! :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
@HolyCrapItsFast, ACL race bearings or OEM?

Sorry I didn't catch this till now.

I use OEM or King unless I am building a race purpose engine with more that 450whp. Anything driven on the street and I just go with the OEM and maintain the 5w30 recommended weight oil

If you are building a race purpose motor then get the extra oil clearance ACL or King bearings and then switch to a 10w40 oil.

so instead of doing header wrap i am thinking of using this.

sp118_030210.jpg

anyone have any thoughts on this? [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION], [MENTION=5193]War_Panda04[/MENTION]?

says it will stand up to 2000* F which will be way above anything I ever get the headers up to.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We use that when building custom V8 motors with mega headers. ?

?Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It is not used to control heat radiation like a wrap or ceramic coat will do. It is a protectant coat only. So if your plan is to reduce heat then this is not for you. :tup:

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Best thing to do is ceramic coat the exhaust. I will b doing that to my headers and downpipe on my build

And thats all i have to say about that...

so instead of doing header wrap i am thinking of using this.

View attachment 7219

anyone have any thoughts on this? [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION], [MENTION=5193]War_Panda04[/MENTION]?

says it will stand up to 2000* F which will be way above anything I ever get the headers up to.

I used that on my custom motorcycle exhaust I made. Make sure to follow heating instructions

I think for now I am going to hold off on coating the headers and send the off to be coated correctly, when there's more Subaru funds available. I think new injectors will be a better investment at this time to properly support the 20g td06 that's going in.