Noob, I mean new fuel pump question

Since it's time to change the fuel filter, I've decided I'll be upgrading my fuel pump at the same time. (might as well, right?). I'll be installing a DeatchWerks DW300c series pump, which will supposedly do 340lph.

This is might be a stupid question, but do I need a tune to change the duty cycle, or will the ECU figure it out automatically?

From what i know you do not need a tune when only changing the fuel pump but to be sure let's ask [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]

actually the Fuel Pressure Regulator "FPR" should keep your fuel rails at the correct pressure. So there should be no need for a new tune. Also when changing the fuel pump might as well change the fuel filter while in there.

:04ftw:

Grinder34

Track Monkey

TK-421

No I haven't left the forum [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] my summer months are my busiest months due to it being "car season" in fact I just helped [MENTION=5193]War_Panda04[/MENTION] out yesterday......

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
yes he did... saved my ass 6 ways to sunday [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION]

Anyone know where my fuel filter is located? I swapped the pump, but I did not see the filter! Maybe you [MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION] have changed yours, or [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] has done one on my model year? The diagram shows it should be just above the fuel pump, but it was most definitely not there on mine.

[MENTION=4899]OldManSTI[/MENTION] did you happen to take a picture of the fuel pump assembly while you had it out/have it out? If so please post a picture of it.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
From doing a bit of googling, some people are claiming that the white assembly that the pump goes into has a seperate fuel filter inside it. The whole white assembly has to be replaced if i'm reading this correctly.

Try googling part number 42072AG140 and see what you come up with. And, of course, report back!

@OldManSTI did you happen to take a picture of the fuel pump assembly while you had it out/have it out? If so please post a picture of it.

Fuel Pump.jpg

Here's the pic that I got, and I didn't see a filter in there. @Grinder34 I ordered a filter (Pt # 42072FE020) from an online source, but now I'm wondering if I ordered the filter for the wrong year! If I have to replace this whole assembly, that's just stupid!

@OldManSTI while looking at your 2nd picture and also looking at the parts digram from http://parts.subaru.com/ using part number 42072a, it appears that your filter is the plastic assembly around the fuel pump. Take a look a the pictures below for more information. Also Thanks @Grinder34 for the part number.

Hope this information helps.

hxum0snf2pftcnl5ti0wyb4ig8v5lg0d.png

Thanks for the info @Raven32. If that's accurate, what a stupid design! Hopefully [MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION] can join us soon and lend his expertise, since I'm pretty sure that full assembly is pretty darned expensive!

[MENTION=4899]OldManSTI[/MENTION] hmm the second picture i posted didn't stick... here is a screen grab of the part and assembly.....looks like the part is about $80 USD which is on par with the other fuel filters.

7cbb3z0hdxf6lb8x0jvdywkk0q5o0e71.png