2015 Premium WRX LED problems.

Elmo The Great

I need some professional brain picking.

2 weeks ago I installed sets of OLM head light LEDs from Subispeed. I replaced all the bulbs, low beams, high beams/drl, and the boomerang bulbs. Everything ran great for a week and a half except for one of the boomerang bulbs (the pin feel out, got a replacement). A few days ago some one noticed when I was driving around at night that my tail light running lights were out. Thought this was strange. Took the car in the next day to get them looked at by my local Subaru dealership. They noticed the LED bulbs and asked to put the OEM bulbs back in. 2 hours later I was back at the dealership were they took a look. They said they looked at bulbs, fuses, connectors and a relay, but nothing would get them back working. And now they said I have to make a appointment to have their master technician take a look. Have yet to do this.

I contacted one of my friends who all so happens to be a technician, and asked him about it. He said the thing that should go if it were the LEDs to cause such a thing to happen would be a fuse, which obviously Subaru said this was not the case.

Got in contact with subispeed and made them aware of the situation. They contacted me back, and stated they have never heard of any thing like this before. And on their website under each set of bulbs they say the bulbs don't exceed what the wiring can handle. So simply going off that it sounds like either subispeed is selling stuff that is labeled wrongly, or the dealership is puling a fast one on me. Being that none of this would be covered under warranty because of the bulbs regardless if they caused it or not. I feel like Subaru is jumping to conclusions about the bulbs causing this electrical issue.

Today I actually wen't to another dealership and scheduled an appointment to have it looked at. See if they even question about having after market bulbs. Not giving them any back story, but I want to see what their opinion is on it. See if they feel its a faulty part or not.

A few other weird things that happened ever since was the auto up down on the driver window stopped working. It would role up, but you had to hold it (This has since gone away, only happened the one time). And the A/C was acting crazy today. You would select one of the climate zones you wanted it to blow in, and it would blow air to a different zone.

Honestly anything at this point would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well, i'd check the fuses myself to start. Its a 5 minute (at most) job.

Do you have the original everything? While it might be a pain to reinstall everything, it gives you two preferrable options:
1) everything works, and you know it has to do with the hardware you installed
2) it still doesnt work, but it'll be covered under warranty and you'll know what the problem is.

If you do reinstall, i'd recommend going to a dealership that hasn't already seen the modifications on the car.

Elmo The Great

Well, i'd check the fuses myself to start. Its a 5 minute (at most) job.

Do you have the original everything? While it might be a pain to reinstall everything, it gives you two preferrable options:
1) everything works, and you know it has to do with the hardware you installed
2) it still doesnt work, but it'll be covered under warranty and you'll know what the problem is.

If you do reinstall, i'd recommend going to a dealership that hasn't already seen the modifications on the car.

I have gone to a second dealership, and this one never seen the LEDs installed. So we will see what they have to say.