30k/60k/etc Maintenance Checklist

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'd like to start a repository of knowledge for recommended maintenance for our cars. Do we already have that?? I didnt find it with a quick search.

What I'd like is a list of what needs to be done to our cars, and recommended intervals. I picture this as an evolving "document" that can eventually be compiled into a single reference thread.
I would hope we could have a link to dicussions and how-tos.

Here's the type of items I'm thinking about (some of the details may be wrong, please correct me!):

Continuing:
Oil changes................every 3,000 miles or 1 year oil discussion and oil filter discussion: here. How-to: here)
Cabin Air Filter............when things stop smelling fresh or every year
Engine Air Filter...........

30,000 Miles
Differential Fluid..........(link to relevant discussion, as I KNOW this varies from year-to-year: here)
Transmission Fluid.......(link, maybe. More standardized. Maybe just list "Subaru Extra-S" or Redline something-or-other)
Serpentine Belts.........(list sizes for both belts)
Coolant.....................(link to discussion about brands/addatives/premixed: here)
etc...

60,000 Miles
etc...

Whaddya think?

Placeholder list of things to be categorized and linked:
Brake Rotors
Brake Pads
Brake Fluid (good post here)
Timing belts
Various Bushings
Spark Plugs
Power Steering
O2 sensors
MAF
Crank Position Sensor
Coolant tubes

Last edited:

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
great idea im sure this would be a huge help to first time STi owners like myself. im not new to cars and maintenance though so ive been keeping up with regular things but it would be good to know if a major service is needed soon. car has 112k miles

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It sounds like a good idea to me. This information is out there but it would be nice to have it in one place.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
It sounds like a good idea to me. This information is out there but it would be nice to have it in one place.

Yeah, that's my thought. I'm coming up on 60k and was annoyed looking around for everything. The 60k service will, consequently, get filled out soon by me.

Can you guys think of any other traditional maintenance items to throw on the list, to be sorted later.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
i do remember seeing chads post... although its a little complicated if you want to simplify it or make it a little easier to read that would b great. up to you though im sure that will take some time

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well, its a little early to sticky! It's still missing MOST of the info/links, but that's where I was hoping it'd go

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member