Engine block needet

Slidman

I need 05 sti used but good engine block or driver side half ,since my piston #2 ring land failed and to deep damage inside cylinder! I need it asap if possible near chicago so I could just pick it up!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Did you check NASIOC or Ebay?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Also check with Oak Leaf Salvage in Wisconsin. Look around on Craig's List as well. If you decide to buy a new short-block, one of our vendors can surely help you out.

Slidman

I checked ebay ,CL and other places ,I was thinking to get an ej207 twin scroll from jdm tiger japan ,but all these motors are older and i dont want to end up with problems ,I think ill just get brand new block assembly from amazon for 1900 shipped ,and build around it then ill salvage my old one here maybe someone will be interested I will check the vendors yet maybe they will have better price

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Sounds like the optimal plan. Remember to have your heads cleaned up and resurfaced. That is very important. :D also for peace of mind you might want to think about replacing with a new timing belt, pulleys and water pump.

Slidman

just got new block assembly 2k$ ,got engine out and just need to find good gaskets asap as cheap as possible ,funds shrinking lol ,btw I will take off the head and check how deep the scares r on the cylinder if it will be good for bore Ill sell it as is ,so if ya have any interested let me know