sacnvz 2015 CBS STI Base

sacnvz

Ok, so I thought it was probably time to start a journal. After a while I realized I’ve done a lot to the car. Well, a lot more than I was planning on doing since buying it. When I first got it I was pretty much content and just wanted to enjoy it for what it is but that mod bug though. LOL
Back in June 2014 I originally purchased a silver 2015 WRX. After a month of having the car and seeing one or two 2015 STIs on the road I kinda started feeling buyers remorse of the WRX. Don’t get me wrong though the WRX was great and while I had it I took it out on some twisties in the Santa Cruz mountains and it handled like a champ. But after seeing those STIs on the road I was just drawn to the sexy STI wing. LOL After having the WRX for a month I spoke to the boss (wife) and she was ok with me talking to the dealer and working out a deal with them to take back the WRX and letting me order the STI. So I placed the order for the STI and they let me keep the WRX until the STI came in. Once the STI came in I brought back the WRX and off in the STI I went!
List of mods so far:

Engine
Cobb Accessport V3
Cobb SF Intake
Sound generator tube delete (got rid of that sound tube that’s plumbed into the firewall)
Crawford V2 AOS
Turbo Blanket
Cobb Turbo Heatshield

Suspension/drivetrain/Brakes
Garageline spacers: F/R 15mm/20mm
Perrin Pitch Stop
Group N Transmission Mount
Kartboy Front and Rear shifter bushings
Slotted F/R Rotors
Stoptech F/R Pads

Exterior
Tail Light Overlay – Light Smoke
Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn mod
OLM LED License plate bulbs
OLM LED Reverse Light bulbs
Nokya H16 Fog Light bulbs
Nokya 9005 Artic White Headlight bulbs
Bayson R Front Lip

I’m no photographer so please don’t mind the pics. Hope to take a drive into Nevada and get some cool pics of mountains in the background.

Thanks for reading!

sacnvz

And just for shits and giggles. When my brother bought his 06 WRX I've always wanted a Subaru. Before the Subaru he purchased an AP1 S2000, I've always wanted one of those too. And you guys like Miatas so we have one of those in the family too.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome! About time! :tup:
More pics of the car!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm kinda jealous

sacnvz

Installed spacers today. I love the wider stance. 15mm in the front, 20mm in the rear. Deuces thrown out to a few subie bros and an Evo during my test drive.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The stance looks so much better. I love the flush look. :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Where did you get the spacers from [MENTION=3698]sacnvz[/MENTION]? Also what did they cost?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I got them from garageline.com $205 shipped. Really good quality. RCE yellows will be next.
We figured. They use our tag a lot.

sacnvz

Finally had the chance to install the Crawford AOS. Install went very smooth. Hardest part was getting the IC back on. I got really good at it but now there's a hose that kinda gets in the way so you lose a bit of wiggle room. I think an intake will be next then I should be good for the rest of the year. I think I can wait for stage 2 next year.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Tell us your experience with the AOS!

sacnvz

Tell us your experience with the AOS!

AOS has worked out great! I've probably had it on the car for ~20k miles. Every so often I'll pull the intercooler to check how much oil is in the intake track or on the turbo itself. I'll still get a little bit of oil on the throttle body but nothing compared to what I've seen on other STIs running without one. I don't think there is a perfect AOS out there that will keep everything absolutely clear of any blow-by. There are so many AOS systems and they all have their issues. I went with Crawford for price, ease of installation and I just didn't see enough negative points for me to choose any other one. I would definitely recommend it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How much is it and how hard to install?

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

sacnvz

How much is it and how hard to install?

Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Price was under $400, I think I got free shipping and maybe 5-10% off during a holiday sale.

Install was a breeze! I'm not a certified mechanic or anything and this is my first Subie to work on. If you can do your own oil change you can certainly install one of these. Prior to install I did my normal research of going on youtube and seeing if there were other installs out there for this AOS or other AOSs. Then read the instructions over and over. Yes I read instructions! "man card pulled" I read other peoples experiences with the install and took note of those. Install took maybe 3-4 hours. I could do it probably in 2 hours now that I know what I'm doing. Most of the time spent was me just being careful not to mess anything up.