Suck it Luke!

Where is the argument Luke?

Here is my .02. I do believe that our 6mt and 5mt transmissions will be obsolete someday. I also like the fact that it still takes skill to drive a manual car competitively. I do not like that any idiot can jump into a 300+ HP car with a flappy paddle gear box and have the exact same time or faster than my 6mt. It's not the driver that is faster it's the car in that case. Before anyone brings up f1, just remember that those are teh fastest cars in the world, and to drive as fast as they do it wouldn't be logical to have a manual gearbox. Fuck the future! I'm with Luke.

My drunk argument is Porsche doesn't even make the GT2 or GT3 in a DSG type gear box. The GT2 and GT3 run much faster times than the 997 Turbo around the ring. Boooom!!!! Yeah I'm fuxing durnk sorry.

Paul.c

My drunk argument is Porsche doesn't even make the GT2 or GT3 in a DSG type gear box. The GT2 and GT3 run much faster times than the 997 Turbo around the ring. Boooom!!!! Yeah I'm fuxing durnk sorry.

Sorry, I was trying to post while the site was down. I closed tapatalk and then opened it up just now and it automatically posted it for me. That was supposed to be posted way back before your original ring times response.

I read everything and I am in your corner. The flappy paddles are great for high end f1 and wrc. I still like the little bit of human error that comes with a manual, it adds an extra variable to competition which I like. Just because lambo and Aston Martin and Ferrari and the like use them proves absolutely nothing. Most of those cars hardly see competition and are owned by complete tools.

Sorry, I was trying to post while the site was down. I closed tapatalk and then opened it up just now and it automatically posted it for me. That was supposed to be posted way back before your original ring times response.

I read everything and I am in your corner. The flappy paddles are great for high end f1 and wrc. I still like the little bit of human error that comes with a manual, it adds an extra variable to competition which I like. Just because lambo and Aston Martin and Ferrari and the like use them proves absolutely nothing. Most of those cars hardly see competition and are owned by complete tools.

That is 3 in my corner 0 in Jared's who is MIA.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm gonna catch hell for both of these but A: Three beers and I'm gone! and B: I'm a manual man, I'm on luke's side of the coin. My shifting times are legendary and add FFS on top of that and it's even better. At that moment shifting time becomes mute to me.

Fastest production car around the ring has a 6 speed MANUAL gear box.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911_GT2

2nd fastest production car around the ring has a 6 speed MANUAL gear box.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Viper_GTR_ACR#Viper_ACR

3rd fastest production car around the ring not counting Nissans lie of a time for the R35 GTR has a 6 speed MANUAL gear box.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_C6_ZR1

All that the DSG type gearboxes offer in a PRODUCTION car is a crutch for bad drivers and broken $20k transmissions from using the built in launch control. I wonder why you don't hear about GT2 RS', ZR1's and ACR Vipers breaking transmissions... ;-)

Times are all that matter, game, set and match for this argument. That was quick and painless. :)

Fastest street cars: Veron, CCX, Ultimate Aero II all relay on a dual clutch transmission.
Forumla one, the most demanding road racing also did away with the 6 speed 3 on the floor.

So you have to top race cars in the world and the fastest street cars in the wourld usining transmissions other than the beloved 6 speed..... Looks like a close out to me.

Fastest production car around the ring has a 6 speed MANUAL gear box.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911_GT2

2nd fastest production car around the ring has a 6 speed MANUAL gear box.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Viper_GTR_ACR#Viper_ACR

3rd fastest production car around the ring not counting Nissans lie of a time for the R35 GTR has a 6 speed MANUAL gear box.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_C6_ZR1

All that the DSG type gearboxes offer in a PRODUCTION car is a crutch for bad drivers and broken $20k transmissions from using the built in launch control. I wonder why you don't hear about GT2 RS', ZR1's and ACR Vipers breaking transmissions... ;-)

Times are all that matter, game, set and match for this argument. That was quick and painless. :)

It proves that they are the future and can get the power to the wheels more efficiently. No one is going to start making 7 and 8 speed manuals. The gearing is what makes these cars rocket.

LOL! drove an EVO 9 MR today for tuning, those transmissions are crap.

Back up with facts please! Able to run 10's with no modifications = not crap, it's just not as good as the STI's trans. Did I mention my engine also doesn't need modifications to run 10's? :cool:

Man, to get an STI in the 10's you need a whole new motor, big turbo and a prayer that it lasts long enough to make multiple passes. :lol: Meanwhile, there are daily driven 9 second Evo's running around with limited modifications lol.

I don't want to be on the corner with a guy that has an EVO when arguing TRANSMISSIONS.

Sorry Luke.... just like your transmission you will soon fail. :D

389 wtq on a low reading Mustang dyno, no issues yet and I'm on the stock factory clutch still at 40k miles. I'm pretty confident that even when I go E85 and have well over 400 wtq on the stock turbo the clutch will still hold up.

BTW J, I think that is 4 to 1 on Automatics vs Manuals. You are teh lose. :tard:

Last edited: