GD The BAD STI.... It has been a good run.

7669c1ef.jpg

c3202e96.jpg

Attachments

• 7669c1ef.jpg
    7669c1ef.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 56
  • c3202e96.jpg
    c3202e96.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 57

Paul.c

hai :rofl: thermometer says hello? It looks like things are coming together. I've been talking trash about you since you have been gone. See if you can find it.

Are you taking any medication?

hai :rofl: thermometer says hello? It looks like things are coming together. I've been talking trash about you since you have been gone. See if you can find it.

Are you taking any medication?

No time to go to the Dr. I've been taking Nyquil anf dayquil.... My family tried to take my tools away today and force me to go to bed and get better. I reminded them that I do have multiple firearms and while I "think" I love them more then my car I'd rather not test it.... :lol: JK

Honestly I'm not sure if I can make the tune date... I may have to use Saturday and Sunday to install and test, run the base map for a week, and then tune.

I'm going to go wrench on my car some more. I havent touched the 50 beers I bought... untill tonight. Drunkcanics FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hardest part of the build is now over. It should be all downhill from here. The APS inlet and intake manifold are on.

George,

I have no clue how you were able to get the fuel lines EXACTLY the right length. An inch shorter or longer would have caused issues but it was PERFECT! You did an amazing job and I cannot thank you enough.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hehe.

I used my engine as a stage for your setup. When it was out of my car it was cake. That and the fact that you sent me everything, I had little guess work.

Very glad to here it's all working out so far. :goodjob:

The hardest part of the build is now over. It should be all downhill from here. The APS inlet and intake manifold are on.

George,

I have no clue how you were able to get the fuel lines EXACTLY the right length. An inch shorter or longer would have caused issues but it was PERFECT! You did an amazing job and I cannot thank you enough.

I did my best but feel its time for me to give up. 11 days working while sick as hell... I've done most of what I intended on doing but the car still isnt driveable. It simply wont start. Yesterday was spent trying to find the solution with no success.

I completed the following:

-drain tank
-remove rear seats and passenger side trim
-uninstall meth kit and package up for Jakey
-remove intercooler
-tap and plug intercooler's meth injector hole
-prep and paint pillar pod
-Install boost refereanced intercooler switch
-have new pump wired up and ready to drop in
-install new boost gauge and pillar pod
-remove downpipe
-check downpipe for leaks in bath tub
-prep and paint downpipe
-wrap down pipe
-uninstall intake manifold
-install ss clutch line
-install pitchstop mount
-bleed clutch
-patch holes in trunk from meth kit
-remove turbo
-remove headers, and upipe
-install new headers
-install new upipe
-install new turbo
-install turbo lines
-install EWG
-install dwonpipe
-bypas PVC
-coolant bypass mod
-transfer haness to new manifold
-wire up injectors
-install inlet
-install inyake manifold
-Install phenolc spacers
-mount FPR and connect fuel lines
-install intercooler
-drop in fuel pump
-prime turbo
-top off coolant
-pressure test
-exhaust test

I decided to hand the car over to COBB and let them take it from here.

Paul.c

That Kinda sucks. Atleast it didnt blow up. When is she going to COBB?

Nevermind. I see its going now.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sorry to hear that it didn't go well. Cobb will be able to fix her right up!

That Kinda sucks. Atleast it didnt blow up. When is she going to COBB?

Nevermind. I see its going now.

Speaking of blowing up.... The other night when I tried to start it a HUGE puddle of liquid formed under my car.... It smelled weird. My first thought was to grab the lighter out of my pocket and test to see if it would burn! As I reached into my pocket common sense kicked in (it was slowed by the 4 or so beers I had enjoyed) I grabbed a roll of paper towels cleaned it ALL up... walked out to my driveway, threw it down, lit my lighter, and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!

I know know what E85 smells like both on my nose and being burned. :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah that would have been a very bad thing, lol! BOOM, hey there goes Bad!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Wait till you smell it out the tail pipe. It smells like a really clean drunk. Sweet almost.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
He had to miss something easy I know it!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Haha I told you it would be easy! LMAO!