What motor oil is the best?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dominator can handle that with no problem. Right [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION]?

SudoSTI

Oh I have no doubt, I just don't want my car to hate me during the winter. I need this motor to last until I recoup from this build and can assemble another on the side.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Motorcraft is the best!

I ran dominator through winter. No issues at all. [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] suggests sticking to the normal 5w-30. You can opt for the high zinc one as well. I forget the exact name.

I ran 10w-30 dominator with no issues. I never tracked/autocrossed ect. My car was a dd at the time and i change my oil every 3k miles regardless of brand. (Been through a few. I love amsoil the most) we have a thread where they go into a lot of detail. I believe it was the royal purple thread. Search for it and itll come up.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Lol what is this? Pass the buck? :lol:
Dominator is amazing stuff. I've only run it twice and both times were in the summer, so I wanted JJ, who loves the stuff, (he might even drink it for all I know) :lol: to share his experience.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dominator is amazing stuff. I've only run it twice and both times were in the summer, so I wanted JJ, who loves the stuff, (he might even drink it for all I know) :lol: to share his experience.
That is funny.

Super easy cold weather starts.

SudoSTI

Well that Royal Purple thread said the normal one of high zinc option but didn't give the name of the high zinc kind. Is it safe to assume that the high zinc is the Signature Series based off the price difference?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION]

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
They all have Zinc in them, but you're correct [MENTION=4986]SudoSTI[/MENTION].