2010 STi SE by Moose

Moose

Hey everyone. Just a little background on me...

My passion in life is appreciating automobiles. 15 years ago I started off working for a salvage yard in Sun Valley picking parts and taking apart cars. I worked the whole time i was in High School and bought myself a 2003 Silver S2000(name: Spooner) and made it full Spoon. I got
solo many speeding tickets, i was a dumb kid. I ended up getting my last ticket going 101mph over the Golden Gate Bridge. I learned my lesson to say the least. From 2004-2010 I drove a white 1995 Accord 4 door Sedan Non-VTEC (name: Shamoji [spoon used for scooping rice]). I loved this car because the MPG's were great and i thought no cops would look at me. Within the 1st year I had owned the car i got 2 tickets and the car was broken into. The following years things were stollen off it or random door dents would appear. No one respected a mildly-old Honda, and the cops still saw a white car going faster than the car should be able to go. Pissed off at myself i realized "I" was the problem and I needed to change the way i drove.

Back in 03 when I purchased my S2000 i was considering an STi. At the time i wanted a 2door seater convertible. Wrong wrong wrong. Had i picked the STi then i would probably have a very different story or have crashed many more cars. All of this brought me to the conclusion that in March of 2010 I had to buy my STi. It is a 2010 Sti Special Edition in Aspen White (name: Doc). Since then I have added a K&N typhoon, custom DP and Pipes with 4"electric Cutout and stealth stock rear tips. Short throw, Aluminum pistons and ECU SPEC-C Tuned. Also the suspension/Sways and front and rear brakes are SPEC-C from Japan. I also have a Yakima roof rack setup for my bikes and outdoor trips = ).

Throughout the years of owning this car i had worked my way up in a local downtown LA BMW Dealership. From the service dpt.--->Parts dpt.--->all the way to working for the owner privately on his car collection. He owned a private collection of Old Woody Cars which we restored to show condition. What an experience that was. I grew a deeper appreciation for the work that goes into anyones car. I think knowing what it takes to make a classic car come back to life is the most important lesson i could have learned. I also got my first track experience driving BMW M3s while working there. With a new found appreciation and knowledge of what i love to do I set my next goal of owning an STi. I'll get a picture up as soon as I can But i just wanted to join the community and say Hello! I look forward to getting to know everyone and I am eager to get started.
Cheers!
-Moose
picture.php
Picture from 2011

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team! Great story. Can't wait to see your :sti:!