Location of M29 M/B No.8 Fuse?

Good evening, everyone.

I am stumped on where the power supply circuit MB-29 M/B fuse No.8 is located in the car.

The car is a 2009 Subaru WRX Premium, and I am troubleshooting my map and room lights because they don't work.

I am trying to see if it is getting power to see if I am not crazy.

I check the continuity of the map light wiring from the connector.

It has good homage, meaning it's not the assembly itself.

I checked the engine bay's illumination fuse/ taillight fuse with power and got 11-ish volts.

Unfortunately, the illumination fuse inside the other fuse box has no voltage.

I do not know if this fuse or the Body integrated unit is bad because the manuals don't show me locations.

I am an avionics guy for the military for helicopters, but even they give us station numbers to go off of.

I would love my car, lovely Demona, to be back to normal, and i hope it might fix another issue I have.

Any input is Greatly Appreciated.

Good evening, everyone.

I am stumped on where the power supply circuit MB-29 M/B fuse No.8 is located in the car.

The car is a 2009 Subaru WRX Premium, and I am troubleshooting my map and room lights because they don't work.

I am trying to see if it is getting power to see if I am not crazy.

I check the continuity of the map light wiring from the connector.

It has good homage, meaning it's not the assembly itself.

I checked the engine bay's illumination fuse/ taillight fuse with power and got 11-ish volts.

Unfortunately, the illumination fuse inside the other fuse box has no voltage.

I do not know if this fuse or the Body integrated unit is bad because the manuals don't show me locations.

I am an avionics guy for the military for helicopters, but even they give us station numbers to go off of.

I would love my car, lovely Demona, to be back to normal, and i hope it might fix another issue I have.

Any input is Greatly Appreciated.
Good evening, everyone! Few updates on my mission with map light and room light. So, I have no voltage or ground for my room light. The good news is that I tested the switch to my room light, and it seems to be doing its job. So, something is definitely wrong. I also have located and dropped my Body Integrated Unit (BIU) down so it's in a better spot to work with it. For you 08-14 guys it's located on the ignition switch side of the steering column and your OBD2 port is bolted to it. It has 2 10mm bolts and it plops right on down. So, there are still questions to be answered. 1 If the BIU is getting power and if it's providing a ground of some type. 2. Where this relay block B225 is in the car to figure out if it letting power come through. 3. Is there a way to bench-test the BIU to see if it's bad? I wonder if somehow it is interfering with some functions it needs to do. Hope if anyone runs into this issue in the future hopefully myself and my lovely car Demona can provide the answers you need to fix your Subaru.

So, I have a great update.

I have resolved my issue.

It was a missing fuse on the relay block B225.

The B225 Relay block is right next to the interior fuse panel.

The fuse missing will also affect the power locks for your key fob.

I hope this helps in the future.

Have a great night.

Last edited by a moderator: