A new team member at Defined Performance

Hello everyone! I'm Matt and am new to Defined Performance, so I thought I'd drop in here and introduce myself.

I've been modifying cars for about the last 15 years or so, starting with 1.8T VWs back in 2000. I've now got two dedicated race cars. My track/autocross car is an Evo IX and my rally car is a '73 VW Beetle.

I bought the Evo new back in '06 and that's what got me into racing. Since then I've raced with SCCA in multiple capacities, competing in all sorts of cars like S2000s, 911s, GTRs, Miatas, MR2s and, of course, Evos and STIs.

I built the Beetle a few years back specifically for RallyCross use. It was my first car and I got it in '96. It was parked after I went off to college and joined the workforce, but I dug it out of the weeds and spent two years doing a body off build that included a fully built/balanced/blueprinted EFI race engine. I converted it over to Megasquirt for the fuel and spark management and did some creative stuff with the intake system that hadn't been done before.

I've been a member of the Subaru community for a while as I spent several years providing tuning services for Mitsubishi and Subaru vehicles. That's how I met Jordan at Defined. First I was a customer and then we did some work together on the tuning side and now I'm helping with sales, questions, etc.

So please drop a line to say hi or ask me about parts or racing setups or rally or tuning ... I'll get back with you on any of it! I just love cars and motorsports and I'll just go on about it for days if you'll let me. Good to meet you all and I'll see you around!

Matt @ Defined

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome Matt! ?

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩