anybody else have this or is it a known problem?

finallymysti

so I was doing brake maintence on my car when I noticed this.
the swaybar/endlink is hitting the lateral link at some point. so ideas/opinions :unsure:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
wait wait, is that your endlink?

Its bent and flipped.

Get some aftermarket ones and be done with it.

finallymysti

how do you think it flipped? haven't touched the sways since I got the car three years ago. and as you can see those chips in the lateral links are new since there not dirty.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I have seen it on heavily tracked cars. I have seen odd things like this throughout my off-roading days.. But those are usually from extreme suspension cycles coupled with extreme loads and big obstacles.
I would say that you put the car through its paces and found a weak link, no pun or maybe a little!
Upgrade time.

finallymysti

I literally laughed out loud at the weak link pun. and yes the car is heavily tracked. so I have a track day Friday. I should be able to pick up a set of links and throw them on the car. but if I can't, what would you do to get thru the the event. run it, take the sway and links off, just flip it back?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
you can do a mcmaster special...home depot if they have hearty enough hardware

The rear endlinks are known to flip though...but i dont know about bending.

Maybe one of the vendors on here can have them overnighted...the install is like 15 min and can be done trackside.

Going on the track with those isnt TOTALLY insane, but also isnt advised. It can give you really weird handling characteristics.

Last edited:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Flip it back and see how she does. Be alert to funky handling.
Fabricator in me says take a piece of flat bar and drill two holes and you have a temporary link. Dunno if your able to do this or how the track tech would look at that.
Removing would obviously change the handling but at least you eliminate the possibility of it going gonzo if it were to flip again.
Just try to bend it back and realign. Just be very alert to the handling.