BR-Z Turbo

Grinder34

Track Monkey

DannyD

When the concept of the BR-Z first came out it was displayed as an STi and had a hood scope, 2.5 turbo, and the STi wing. That never happened.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
When the concept of the BR-Z first came out it was displayed as an STi and had a hood scope, 2.5 turbo, and the STi wing. That never happened.

All I can say is stay tuned. :)

Z1107

Idk Lenny, the new BRZ STi, from what I've learned, will be sitting on 270-280 whp in a platform 500lbs lighter than a GR and 200-300lbs lighter than a GD. That's S14 JDM country and those cars are pretty quick.

DannyD

I dont like them either. Looks like they are trying to compete with Hyundai. Subaru is better then that, I blame Toyota lol

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I'm on the fence. Not real impressed but I don't hate it either. To a degree it seems like a sellout move. Maybe Subaru/Toyota is trying to fill the void of having no rear-drive coupe performance thingy? But for Subaru, it seems that this would go against their moniker. Toyota, having no performance in years is probably a win for them seeing as how they have become simply a boring and "acceptable" car company.
My feelings are maybe Toyota has more to gain from this. I dunno, I could very well be wrong and we could be sifting through numerous BR-Z posts in the coming years.