Building a rally Impreza...

wsippel31

.. And wondering what the best year/model/combination is. I live in Denver and like to take trips up into the mountains just to drive the sweet roads but I don't have a proper car for such a feat. I'm getting my toes wet with the Impreza and I'm really looking them. I know this vehicle will be able to handle the mountain roads virtually stock but I want a fun car, who doesn't? Haha so any pointers and tips or recommendations are much appreciated!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I dont think that they can handle legit offroading in stock form. Considering actual rally cars have a ton of money poured into a lifted, far traveling suspension. I could be wrong but i know id never try to do so on stock suspension.

Im curious to see what others say as id like to get educated on the subject as well. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ive seen lifted suspension but i dont recall the various brands. Ive seen one guy use ohlins but then i looked at the price and took a hike.

wsippel31

Yeah ohlins is exxxpensive. I had a dirt and was looking into upgrading the forks and shock on that to ohlins... Decided to just tighten up the shock lol