Bumms

bumm

What's up all? Check out igotasti on fb all the time. Just joined on today. Traded in my 05 GTO for an STI. Love it. Have been working on many mods. Will put some pics of the ride on here once I figure out how to navigate on here.
08bc2b3bc130fae6f517ff49273a2a17.jpg
Well don't think it worked. Someone give me a clue im new to this.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

Nice ride! Show us some more pics!

What mods does it have already besides the obvious?

What did you have done to the gto and how was the transition from the gto to the sti?

bumm

Have AEM cold air, perrin strut bar, CNT turbo back, Tomei el header and stage 2 Cobb. Am looking at the Tomei M8265 turbo. CNT fmic on the way.

Loved the GTO. Have always been a GM Pontiac guy. Sometimes miss the V8 sound but this is by far my favorite car. So many things can be done to it and still drive all year round. No regrets.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So you have an aftermarket header and intake. You should take it easy on the car until you get a tune. Anything you change on these cars in regards to the engine you need to get a tune for.

When did you get the car? Did you have a compression and leakdown test done?

bumm

Had about 2 yrs. Bought with 10000 miles. Doctor had mid life crisis had for about a yr till he traded in for truck. Car was extremely clean. I dont beat it to much trying to get the turbo, injectors, pump and fmic then have pro tuned. Cant seem to find any programs to load into cobb for the mods i have. Any ideas?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The cobb accessport tunes are meant for cobb mods only. So stage 1 is just a relfash tune for bone stock. Stage 2 is downpipe and catback. There are limited maps for the cobb intake as well.

The accessport is also a good tool to log and is convenient to use.

However for your mods you need a protune. Have you monitored your afr and to see if there is any knock?

bumm

No. I have not heard any pinging or lack of performance. All has ran better and better mileage also. U don't know of any tunes that could be downloaded into cobb? Its gonna be a few weeks before i can get all parts and installed and then still need to drive to tuner. This is my daily driver

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
No. I have not heard any pinging or lack of performance. All has ran better and better mileage also. U don't know of any tunes that could be downloaded into cobb? Its gonna be a few weeks before i can get all parts and installed and then still need to drive to tuner. This is my daily driver

Cobbs website has tunes but they are especially made for their products to be used in tangent with. Contact your tuner and tell him you need a base tune to allow you to drive safely with the mods you will have when the time comes.

Take it easy on the car until then.

TK-421

[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] is right, being a tuner myself, I've seen some nasty things happen to the ringlands on newer EJ257's that have EL manifolds and an aftermarket intake with no protune. If you had a Cobb intake and a UEL aftermarket manifold, you could probably squeeze by with a Stage 2 OTS map until your protune, but being the fact your set up is very far from what map was calibrated at Cobb and the guidelines they set, I would keep a close eye on not only your AFR's but your EGT's as well being a EL tubular manifold.

bumm

Thanks. Been easy on it. Tune is tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Hope not dissapointed for things have done to it.

bumm

dff1b31f5f7500377560a3dea362e4e8.jpg

Well the tune is done fellas... IAG Performance did a great job of tuning my ride today. They were very polite professional and helpful on any questions i had. Will definitely use them for any tuning needs in future.
Was very pleased. If you cant read the results it is 302AWHP and 344FTLBS of torque. What a difference in driving. Was told the EL header was a big help.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So how does the car feel now? :subaru:

TK-421

Congrats on good numbers and a great experience at IAG buddy, a good experience like this will sell you on a car like an STi for a long long time.

bumm

Yeah talked to them bout future endeavors. Decided to go with Blouch Dom 3, ID injectors and Walbro 255 pump. My CNT fmic came today before i left for IAG. Shes a beauty. Taking to a place in Newark to have tubing red krinkle coated. Then procure parts on a few weeks then do it again... thanks for all the support guys.