Check engine light

Valsti05

Hello guys .. Need some info... I have a 05 Sti aftermarket catted downpipe , catback, Cobb accessport (ca stage 2) , my question / problem I'm encountering ... After I pump gas and driving a couple of miles ... My check engine light comes out .. Checking the code says the gas cap is loose ... When tighten up the gas cap and resetting the engine light would work fine .. But when the time to fill up comes again .. The check engine will come out again and it will give me the same code .. Gas cap loose .. Can this be caused for a faulty gas cap? Or something more serious?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'm not super knowedgable on the system, but I suppose it could be a fault somewhere else in the EVAP system. But since it only seems to happen when you're filling up I think it either has to do with:
1) Full tank
2) Gas cap

The next test I'd do is just take off the gas cap when you're at 1/4 tank and see if the code comes on again.

Valsti05

I'm not super knowedgable on the system, but I suppose it could be a fault somewhere else in the EVAP system. But since it only seems to happen when you're filling up I think it either has to do with:
1) Full tank
2) Gas cap

The next test I'd do is just take off the gas cap when you're at 1/4 tank and see if the code comes on again.

thank you .. I will try to do that and go from there