Chris G's 2005 Subaru WRX STi - Round 2 Build.

Chris G.

First off this is my first post here. I have owned this car for almost 2 years now. I have had my fair shares of ups and downs with this car.

Where to start. January 2010. I had a Honda Fit, that I totalled in a car accident and told myself that it was time to buy a STi. I found this one at a local Subaru shop owned by a close friend. It had 152k on it when I bought it. It needed a motor because the 30s something guy I bought it from was not into cars and completely drove the car into the ground.

Here is the picture of my Fit:
20047_1351570590969_1282520066_1-1.jpg

Here is a picture of the Subaru at the shop before I made the purchase.
Kienans.jpg

So the shop pulled the motor. The guy ran the car so hot that the block had visual heat spots in it. So in with a new OEM short block, ported heads etc.

Over the next year I slowly added parts here and there. Got the windows tinted. But my biggest accomplishment was getting the door cards done. This project took me nearly 18 hours to complete when coming from work every night and working on it.
doorcard.jpg

This car was very disgusting when I got it. The reason I wrapped the door cards is because they were black and brown from the previous owner, so bad so that it looked like he took the door cards off and threw them in a puddle. I have probably 20-30 hours in just detail time in this car.

Snow mode:
Snow.jpg

How the car currently sits.
Beach.jpg

Just to the mileage.
Miles-1.jpg

Motor Shot:
Motor-1.jpg

July 2011 Dyno. Made 305hp/335tq with a VF43, big TMIC, Full exhaust and UTEC.
Dyno-1.jpg

Now fast forward to October 2011, we got alot of rain here in VA and driving home one night from work, the rain had flooded the road I take home, this road has never flooded before the 10+ years Ive driven it. Drove through deep water. Water stalled the car. So I towed it to my house, pulled the plugs, changed the oil. And let the car sit for a week before starting it. When I did start it, it sounded different, so I towed it back to the mechanic that did all the work and after a compression test the left bank of the motor was dead on compression. So currently the car is getting rebuilt, fully built this time, GT52, etc. So heres to hoping for 400hp :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team. You have done some nice work. Glad you could join us. :tup:

STi's are an addiction. :)

Chris G.

The Utec is good for my needs. Plus there is really no other options for tuning that are close to me, the closet Cobb Tuner is almost 200 miles away from me.