da polished my bonnet/hood tonight

salsa-king

going to do a bit at a time on the scoob with the Da Polisher.

so tonight I started on just the bonnet.

DA Daz6 Pro polisher and polished it with Menz 2400 cream using orange HEX pad, then used the 4500 with the black HEX, after both applications I polished off with micro fibre clothes.

THEN.. I finished with applying my ANGLEWAX DRIFT wax that is designed for white cars :)

I have to say, my body work is smooth anyway, but had the usual swirls. Now I have next to non on the bonnet.. just a few I can see close up on the plastic scoop. When I look across the wing and the bonnet, I do see lots on the un polished wing. So I'm well pleased.

Bonnet took about an hour or so to DA, then another 30-40 mins to apply and buff off the DRIFT :)

applying the drift...

DSC_0328_zpsaa48b947.jpg

DSC_0329_zps64fb4303.jpg

I buffed off with a micro fibre cloth, then went over it again with a micro fibre noodle mit :)

DSC_0330_zpse12b56e9.jpg

great results, not that you can tell off a camera phone lol :(

DSC_0331_zpsf42e2778.jpg

ZackUSAF82

Looks great, I'm a diehard Meguiar's guy but I might have to check that wax out!

salsa-king

Have a look at their other products. The QED detail spray is ace to use between main waxing.

ZackUSAF82

Have a look at their other products. The QED detail spray is ace to use between main waxing.

Will do, thanks for the tip! I'm always looking for ways to keep mine clean...but well, it is black after all. :p

salsa-king

They do a polish for black cars too.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
newb question...why do you need a different polish for different cars? Like, do you need a green car polish for a green car?

salsa-king

no, it's more a case that angelwax have developed some waxes that are geared up for black or white cars, even matt wrapped cars, they have waxes for.

www.angelwax.co.uk

I'd think they ship anywhere

ZackUSAF82

Says to contact if outside the UK, I'll shoot them a note and see what it costs. If it's anything like what it was when I ordered a LP (I'm a vinyl junkie) over there the shipping will cost more than the wax...lol.

salsa-king

find them on FaceBook, ask there. It might be worth you getting a few bits together from them. The fall out remover look good too :)