Differential question

SubiSwag

Hello,

im going to run a staggered wheel set up on my 12 STi. First, they are 17x9/10.. what can the difference in rolling diameters be on subarus? I know that Audi's and VW's can be around 5%..

Thanks

Grinder34

Track Monkey
A staggered setup is really highly unrecommended, if that's a word. I think 2/32 of tread depth on even the same tires is the max allowable difference. I think with different sizes to start, coupled with different wear rates that you'd be a "when" not "if" for cooking the diff.

Why not just get different offset wheels front/rear but keep the width and tires the same. You can get that sexy staggered look without the performance trade off and potential time bomb?

SubiSwag

A staggered setup is really highly unrecommended, if that's a word. I think 2/32 of tread depth on even the same tires is the max allowable difference. I think with different sizes to start, coupled with different wear rates that you'd be a "when" not "if" for cooking the diff.

Why not just get different offset wheels front/rear but keep the width and tires the same. You can get that sexy staggered look without the performance trade off and potential time bomb?

Well does the same go for Audis and VW Rs? They run staggered with no huge diff problems, or worries if the diameters are less than 5%.

And, a staggered set up because its impossible to find low offset square sets of RS in 5x114.3..