Favorite Soap/Wax/Clay

What's up everyone? As a driver of an OBP sti (anyone else with a black car will agree) I find it a pain to keep clean. What type of soaps and waxes do you guys like? I'm a fan of the maguiers gold car soap but I need a new good wax. suggestions?

R3V

1) Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner then scrub with a wheel brush or old sponge.
2) Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner Plus using Kwazar Venus Pro + Compression Sprayer 1.5 Liter.
3) Adam's Car Wash + Gilmour Foamaster II Quart OR a foam cannon for pressure washer
4) Scrub with Uber Genuine Wool Wash Mitt (V2) then rinse but don't dry.
5) Wolf's Chemicals WF-1P Deironizer Decon Gel OR Aquartz Iron Cut then wait for 10-15 minutes.
6) Rinse.
7) Dry with leaf blower.
8a) The Uber MEDIUM Gray Clay Bar Kit (Clay bar the glass also).
8b) You can use Wolf's Chemicals WG-1NT Glass Guard. I've never had experience with this product.
8c) Wolf's Chemicals WR-1NT Rim Shield.
9) 1Z einszett Glanz Wax.
10) Adam's Super VRT on tires, plastic trims, and engine bay using Adam's Hex-Grip Pro Tire Dressing Applicator or use Adam's In & Out Spray. Wipe with a clean microfiber towel.

This forum also has an excellent relationship with Detailers Domain, so be sure to check them out.

R3V

LEAF BLOWER THAT'S GENIUS. I ALWAYS GET WATER SPOTS. iloveyou.

Just make sure it's an electric blower, a gas blower will get fumes/small amounts of fuel on the car.

Also, I can't take credit for the list. A friend posted it on another forum and I saved it for just such an occasion :D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I love Sonax wax also. Great stuff it is.

Blue Tech

I usually use Meguire's but I have been seeing tons of ads for Nu Finish in the orange bottle. I might give that a try. Have you guys tried that out? Meguire's offers a 3 step wax that takes forever but kept my 2003 Acura Rsx in a restored, mint condition. I recently bought the electric polisher so a 3 step is no longer a few hours to finish. I've also used Turtle Wax - Meh not great, not bad for a few weeks tops

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I only use Sonax wax. Sorry wish I could help you. :(