freaking banjo bolts

Scott Stokes

Ok so here is my issue, I have a 03 Wrx in shop that has a coolant leak. Well its leaking at the banjo bolt for coolant return from turbo to block. Issue being the banjo bolt was tightened to much and pulled threads out of block. Now the banjo bolt is only long enough to grab maybe 4 threads anyway so there are plenty of good threads left in block. The bolt screws right in no prob. Now the standard Subaru banjo bolt is a 10x1.25 30mm banjo bolt, does anyone out there no where I can find a banjo bolt the same size but 38mm long and not a double port. Or does anyone have any ideas with crazy threaded fittings

Scott Stokes

re tap it and plus size it... (hehe thats what she said sorry couldn't help it) my only other guess would be to go to home depot and see if they have anything you can "fab" up... you could also check around with some hydrolic parts suppliers... they may have something
I have looked every where around town. Going to try a true value store they should have some copper fittings. It's the thread size that sucks to find. Thinking of taking a bolt to a machine shop and have a banjo bolt made.

Scott Stokes

Helicoil is last resort. I will make something work. Have to many good threads just to drill out. Plus it would SUCK to get a drill and reemer up in there. Got a buddy that works at a machine shop that makes rc car postionos and heads, he said he would make me any banjo bolt I want. Hopefully customer will wait till Tuesday.

bugeye_fever

Well, it sounds like you couldn't be in a better situation, a guy who builds RC motors? thats crazy. It would suck to have to buy the helicoil kit for that one spot. Probably wouldn't find those threads anywhere else.

Scott Stokes

Well, it sounds like you couldn't be in a better situation, a guy who builds RC motors? thats crazy. It would suck to have to buy the helicoil kit for that one spot. Probably wouldn't find those threads anywhere else.[/QUOTE
Took me 2 days to find them but helicoil kit on tool box. Just in case anyone has this problem. Ford carries this helicoil because of there wonderful 5.4 with the 3 piece spark plug that always break.