Hello again!

Z1107

Stock boost is set at 14.7 lbs and stage 2 is on an AP brings it up to 16.8 lbs. Do you have a boost controller?

sheldon2005sti

No boost conntroler. Just the AP. The only mods I have are the sf cobb intake an the AP. Ill post my questions later on today. But I think I may be overboosting... from my understanding this is not good. Please let me know wher I should at stage 1

sheldon2005sti

Really appreciate the feed back!!!!! I know she has a lot of miles but for the most part she has bee good to me. I just don't want to create any more problems. Thanks a bunch!!

sheldon2005sti

I cant seem to find the zrod amsoil... does anyone have a website i could get it from? also does anyone know anyhting about my overboost? should i just go easy for a bit keep in on stock mode reflash? i know winter is comming soon an i want to get it all in order befor it starts to freeze. Thanks again! ill start a journal soon. i just want to sponsor the site! and well i dont have the extra money rite now. bummer. any help is much apreciated!!!!!

sheldon2005sti

ahhh, So i am still new to the forums an dont have any friends or even know how to get them. so thank you for getting back to me on my intro!!! I have been haveing a problem loseing oil an they all suggest i change my oil. so im looking for amsoil Z rod I guess something with high zink? 10w30 is what the guys in the forum tell me will work well. Now for the question where do i get this an what type of filter should i use? I would probly order a case and a few filters all at once.
What ill try an do is give ya a call tomorrow some time an get a price. I am going to have to wait till probly next week to buy an have it shipped.
Thanks a bunch

Vermont

If you are stage one and seeing 18 PSI then yes you are over boosting. Stage one should be no higher than 17psi. Stock is 14,.5 PSI if I remember right. This is for GR's. Should be the same for GD's. The over boosting would not be causing you to consume the oil directly. Now it might have caused you to pop your motor or caused other problems that have led to increased oil consumtion. Also switch to the Amsoil as soon as possible. I used to use Royal purple as well. I had a lot of Blow-by (you can check for blow by very easily. Just pull off the top mount inter cooler and check the couplings for any oil. There should little if any) Now with Amsoil I have not a drop of blow by.

sheldon2005sti

That's awsome! My next question is kinda throwing me off... I called amsoil direct and they are telling me that high zink is no good for my car something to do with emissions ... now im confused? What should I be useing or not useing. I have been to aggressive. This is my everyday car. Thanks again!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'll make sure we get you the appropriate oil guaranteed. I'm always here to help and answer questions. I dont have all answers although I will always find the answers.

Last time you sold me water for my engine, lol. :rofl:

sheldon2005sti

it was! i have to talk to the accountant aka my wife. but i should be calling you some time early next week. we'll get this oil thing figured out! I wont be able to mod up if im just trying to keep the 05 running. like i was telling you on the phone i have had a string of bad luck an i hope its gona turn around! now that i have the right people involved we can get this thing screaming! never been on a track but i bet its an absolute blast! your video makes me want to go find something local.
Thanks again for all the help!