HOW TO: Beat gas prices and make more power

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I remember reading that some time ago.... Good stuff. Nice info to have for the pending zombie apocalypses.

Vermont

Hmmm I like this idea..... Me and my dad were working on plans for a small scale bio-deisal plant here in northern VA but scratched it due to the other partner backing out (died). I was doing some research a while ago about methanol production but I came to the same conclusion as the author of that post. It is more expensive and less energy efficient than making ethanol. This would be a very viable option depending on the cost of the stock you are using. The more expensive the stock the less you will need of it due to the higher concentration of sugars in it. Although fuel consumption would go up (ethanol has 2/3 of the energy per unit as gasoline) you would be able to boost a hell of a lot higher , advance timing a shit ton more, and you vehicle would apply for special government tax breaks since it runs on a renewable resource. Personally if Premium gas goes up to $5.00 a gallon here in VA then I will switching over in a heart beat....